Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead.
-- Louisa May Alcott (1832-1888) American Writer
This is such a bright, optimistic thought for the day. Change and momentum are so good but sometimes they are scary! We went and said goodbye to our little apartment last night before turning in our keys and I had a little slip of faith. I love that apartment and everything that came with it. I love the memories of Michael and I lying on the floor when we were engaged, imagining where our furniture would go. I love the wooden insert that Michael made for our guest bathtub so that we could use it for storage. I love our neighbors and all of the young married couples that we were surrounded by. I love having the park across the street and being able to always hear kids playing on the playground. I even love our creaky shower… and the fact that you can hear the neighbor’s creaky shower every morning. I am thrilled for our new house and all of the blessings it will bring. I know it is the right thing to do and I am sincerely looking forward to this new phase – but it is hard to leave something behind when it is so good and so comfortable. Really, it is a win-win situation. I just had a little moment last night/this morning that caused a couple of tears. It is important to remember that you really can’t progress without change, even when that means taking an uncertain step... but that is not always the easiest route!
2 comments:
That is so exciting that you guys are getting to buy a house! I'd love to see pictures!
I also totally know where you're coming from, saying goodbye to your little apartment... we really disliked our management and some of the details of our first apartment, but there are so many good memories there, I still smile every time we drive by our old place. :)
P.S. I love that quote... I've never heard it before. Change can often be so hard -- I for one try to avoid change as much as possible, but there are always great things ahead of us if we just have the faith to move forward.
P.P.S Sorry for the novel of a comment. :(
Excellent quote. Congrats on this new stage! Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment