
This is Michael. A couple of years ago I spotted him BBQing on the balcony outside of his apartment and knew that this was the man for me. Though it took him a little longer to realize our mutual destiny, he eventually had his moment of realization and got down on one knee.
Michael is my sunshine. He wakes up smiling and singing every morning no matter how late he stayed up the night before. He is the hardest worker I know but is somehow always able to find time for his family and friends without stressing out. Maybe the lack of stress is a male thing but I am always impressed when he gets home after a long day at school, takes the time to talk to me as we eat dinner, does the dishes, listens to me ramble on for hours about anything and everything, shows me his favorite youtube video of the day, completes his wife-assigned list of chores, then proceeds to start his 5 hours of homework at 11pm without me even knowing he had a long night ahead of him. It is impressive.
That being said, Michael also seems to always have some sort of personal checklist that always begins with 'see how I can make my wife feel wonderful today'.
Example #1) On Friday we went to a dollar movie and I think I only really saw half of it because I COULD NOT stop thinking about how bad I wanted a soda. I never drink soda without an occasion. On the way home I mentioned this to Michael but he knows I feel guilty whenever I drink 'the bad stuff' so he asked if it would be ok if we stopped at a gas station so that HE could get a soda... then proceeded to allow me to drink the whole thing guilt-free... because it wasn't really my soda anyway.
Example #2) For Christmas every year we do a 'heartfelt' gift exchange within my family where everyone gives each other handmade gifts to increase the sentiment of the holiday and decrease the expense. I have been on a rampage lately about getting my heartfelt gifts done by the end of this month... and somehow wives cannot craft without their husband being directly involved. Since my recent crafts have involved spray paint (which can cause severe birth defects if inhaled) and a 60lb bag of sand, Michael has involuntarily volunteered to help. On Saturday I began my day with a cleaning rampage while Michael went golfing (and therefore came home to a list of chores - I know, I am a fantastic wife) then embarked upon an evening of grocery shopping. When I came out of the grocery store there was a sweet card stuck under my windshield wiper from my husband telling me how much he loved and appreciated me. He had ventured out to Home Depot after finishing his chores to make sure I had my sand for that evening's crafts and had wandered through the parking lot to leave me a note on his way out.
Example #3) I had great intentions of making sure our guest room was nice and tidy before going to bed last night to prepare for the guests we are receiving today... but somehow got distracted and went to bed frustrated that the bed was still not made and the room was torn apart. Michael tucked me in at 11:15 before heading off to do 4.5 hours of homework and I spent the night dreaming of my catastrophic guest room. I woke up early to get everything tidied up and Michael had done it all in the wee hours of the morning while I slept like a baby! Sometimes this man is just too good to be true. I apologize to any and all former girlfriends... but I am more than happy you missed out!
Love you Michael!!
4 comments:
Hons, I sure do love you, I think you failed to mention that you deserve all these things. And I started a blog just so I could list all the things you do in return for me, it's bplusmequalslove.blogspot.com... ok, I didn't really create it, but I should. Thanks for the post!
You two are darling!
Awww Brit, reading this just makes me so happy. You definitely won the lottery when it comes to finding a GREAT guy! And I agree with Michael -- I'm sure you deserve all the love and care he gives you! Keep it up you two love birds. :)
Also, while I'm mentioning things that make me happy, your adorable baby bump is definitely on the list! You look so beautiful and pregnancy suits you so well!
I love this post, it makes me happy knowing that my brother is a) showing you how much he cares and b) that his sweet gestures do not go unnoticed. Your children will grow up knowing how much their parents are in love.
Post a Comment