
Well Friends... we have an 8'' yam-boy in our presence!! Now is probably a good time to remember that the fruits and veggies our little one is compared to each week are for length only... he definitely was not the size of that huge smiling squash last week, that's for sure. The measurements are also still from crown to rump, so they don't include his little leggies! Word on the street is, though, that once we hit the third trimester (in just 5 weeks!!) that the measurements do include his legs so that will be fun.
Anyway, this week has been really exciting. I have decided that if I ever write a book on pregnancy (not in my future plans, but that's ok) that I am going to re-do the trimester system. Weeks 1-14 will still be section #1 and called the 'babymoon phase' because nothing really happens but everything is SO EXCITING. Weeks 15-20 will be called 'the pudge' - you have actually started to show but it mostly just looks like you ate too many doughnuts last week... you're still mostly waiting and anticipating. Weeks 21-40 will be called 'nesting phase' - you now know the gender of your baby, you look pregnant, you can feel him moving around 24 hours a day, and all you really want to do is make lists and clean out closets (weird). I LOVE NESTING PHASE!! On Thursday I was in a meeting at work and had my arms crossed over my little baby bump when something KICKED my forearm. Embarrassingly enough, I squeaked with alarm then felt silly when I realized that it was my wild child from within - just doing his daily jailbreak routine. No sweetheart - I will not let you out right now. I'm in a meeting. It has been really fun that Michael and I are both able to feel him pretty much every day now from the outside. He is one active little thing. Michael is sure that we are going to be naming him Sargent. Sargent Michael Murdock... don't worry future grandmothers - it has already been vetoed but I really like thinking of calling an infant Sarge - it makes me laugh every time.
Another interesting pregnancy thought - from what I have heard, pregnancy = crazy hormones. I don't know what the deal is but ever since I got pregnant I have been the woman of great logic and no emotion. Previous to pregnancy I considered myself a healthy emotional woman. I cried when I was touched, hurt, sad, happy, etc. Now, however, I am almost completely tear free. There have been more than a few instances that I have come close to getting in car wrecks/stressful situations and have experienced absolutely no adrenaline. I have also had a lot going on in my personal life and the lives of my loved ones that could possibly call for a tear or two... I have honestly cried 3 times since June due to sadness and once due to happiness (when I found out I was pregnant :-) Don't get me wrong - my heart is still in place. I still experience ups and downs... maybe my tear ducts are just broken? Michael is POSITIVE that it is because it is his son... I wonder if I'm normal? I have never heard of a LACK of emotion as a pregnancy symptom. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I'm not sure if I like it or not but I do wonder if it will adjust back once I start breast feeding, once I actually have a baby, or once my baby hits a certain milestone? Very interesting...
5 comments:
I think once you hit week 35 or 36, you may consider revamping your pregnancy phases and call the last one the "just get this kid out of me" phase. And as for the lack of tears, maybe it is because you're having a boy (no extra estrogen!). I wouldn't worry though...I decided that you can never be surprised by pregnancy symptoms, because everyone's different and STRANGE things happen to everyone! You are soooooo cute!!!!
I was similar to that while pregnant with Ethan (you know tear ducts not working). But after he came out I became a blubbering mess. So who really know! You look so great! How long will you be in Utah? When is the big move? Miss you!
i like your trimester system, you got it down perfectly! i remember WANTING to look pregnant when was in that pudge stage. you look great!!
Oh Brit, you look SO darling!! I was definitely a blubbery mess when I was pregnant. Although I always have been and continue to be, haha. I was so sick my first trimester that I would call that phase, "Is this over yet?" But in the middle of week 15, all sickness went away and every week that passed I felt better and better. By week 40, I was walking around with my big belly thinking, yep, I could do this forever! I definitely wanted to meet my little girl, but I was so content being pregnant. :) AHH! It's just all so fun!
you look great! I'm so excited for you. With my boy, I was a crying mess. I teared up watching Never Say Never. :) However, I craved french fries 24-7 and now I hate them. Enjoy the journey, it's so much fun!
Post a Comment