Wednesday, January 11, 2012

31 Weeks - An Update on Life

29 weeks

The lull here on M+B has been long... and necessary! On December 15th I had my last day working at Sunrise Home Health and Hospice which was SO sad (I LOVED that job) and Michael took his last final. That gave us about 72 hours to do the rest of our packing, load the cubes (luckily we didn't have to make the cross-country drive), be thrown an absolutely ADORABLE baby shower (more on this very soon), and skip town! Leaving American Fork was a sad event. We love our friends and family in the area and are going to miss all of you DEARLY! That being said, driving away from that house was one of the most relieving feelings in the WORLD! I started packing on October 17th and hadn't stopped since then.

Our first stop was in the fabulous Las Vegas where we were generously hosted by my Assistant Mama, Joyce! We got in super late on Tuesday night and were warmly welcomed with hugs and a place to sleep. The next morning my mom arrived from California to spend the next couple of days with us doing a lot of laughing, a lot of eating, and a lot of relaxing - all of which were much needed!! We saw the lights at the race track, went to the cactus garden, celebrated Christmas early, ate Golden Spoon frozen yogurt, painted each others' toe nails, and took the dogs to the park. I just adore Joyce so being able to go and spend time with her in her home was nothing short of a dream.

On Friday morning we woke up early and jumped back in the car to head to spend Christmas with Michael's parents in Irvine, CA. Michael and I are in complete agreement that we will one day retire in Irvine. It has everything you could ever want... including sun 365 days a year. Aaaahhhh... While in Irvine we played hard and ate well. Highlights included a day at Disneyland, a day at Universal Studios, lots of Christmas excitement, taking maternity pictures, Christmas dinner at a seafood place that served animals with eyeballs, and an amazing Chinese lunch. The best part, though, was the company. I love spending time with Chad and Rachel. Their energy is happy and refreshing and they are always genuinely interested in Michael and I while we are with them. They love to do things that they know we'll like (hence the seafood place that serves animals with eyeballs) and they are always interested in what we have going on and what is going on in the world around them. I also LOVED being able to spend time with Stephie (my sister in law) and her two kids Zach and Zoye (I'm an aunt and I love it!). She can make me laugh so hard and is always doing her best to make me as pretty as possible (with cute clothes and doing my hair and makeup). I feel a really strong connection with Stephie and I know that we are in each others' lives for a very specific reason. I love that I can talk to Stephie every couple of months and never skip a beat - it is so refreshing!

The day after Christmas we packed our bags and dogs and headed for the airport. Chad and Rachel offered to travel with us to our new home in Connecticut and I am so glad they did. There was something restless about that plane ride... It could have been my ULTRA swollen pregnant elephant feet... but I think it was the anticipation of the situation. Flying across the country to see your new home for the first time is a little bit unnerving to say the least!!

To Be Continued...

11 comments:

Cristina said...

pregnancy looks amazing on you! sounds like you've been extremely busy, i'm excited to see pics of your new home!

Megan said...

Beautiful pic Brit! I think you're popping out more than I am at this point, and I'm about to have this baby! lol

So glad to have you back in the blogging world, can't wait to hear all about Connecticut! (your Christmas break sounded amazing!)

Dee said...

You're the cutest pregger ever. True story.

Unknown said...

So glad to open my reader this afternoon and see a post from you!! You look gorgeous and it sounds like Christmas was amazing.

Also, no fair... I wish my in-laws took me to seafood restaurants with animals with eyeballs! :)

Can't wait to hear more!

Jessica said...

How exciting! You look darling, and what an adventure.I hope everything is going as smoothly as one could hope for.

Sydney said...

You are ADORABLE. Seriously all belly! I love it!

Lauren said...

Brit you look amazing! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures, but we miss you here!

Janssen said...

I hope its all gone smoothly!

Savanna Rodriguez said...

I have always thought you beautiful, but you are just glowing in this picture! I know, too cliche, but it's true!!!

Amy Kay said...

Gosh you're the cutest pregnant woman ever. Welcome to the east coast, btw! I was talking to Michelle and she seems so excited you guys are so close now!

A Darley said...

Hope things are going well for you out east! I miss seeing adorable pictures of you and hearing about life! Good luck on the last leg of the journey! Can't wait to meet your new little man!