Wednesday, February 29, 2012

T-13 Days

Family!

We are officially on the countdown with less than two weeks until my due date! I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that the baby would come on Leap Day... so keep your eyes peeled for another email today letting you know he's on his way, lol! No - I don't think today is the day... though I don't really have an idea of what 'the day' will feel like. Yesterday I had another doctor's appointment (I know, it feels like I say that every day) and things looked good! The baby's heart still sounds great, my blood pressure is really good, and I have (knock on wood) actually stopped gaining weight finally! I have been of the mentality that once the doctor says that I am dilated that I can mentally start preparing for things to progress... oh dear did I stand corrected yesterday.

When the doctor came in the room I asked him how his weekend had been, what he had done, etc. He returned the question to which I responded that Michael and I were planning on going into the city but that we had decided against it due to the 80mph wind warnings. He looked at me quizzically and asked, "what exactly were you planning on DOING in the city?" I went on to tell him about the city passes that we have that get us into all of the tourist attractions around NYC since we haven't seen too many of them together. The doctor shook his head and recommended that I probably not do anything that involves a shuttle, a fairy, or anything else that I cannot get off of right away. He also kindly reminded me that the hospitals in NYC have mice, that I would not be treated well, and that he would definitely not be going all the way to the city to deliver my baby. I laughed and told him that I will pay more attention to my restrictions once I'm dilated... wrong answer. He let me know that it didn't matter if I was dilated, effaced, or anything... I could go into labor any second. I guess that was enough to hit home for me because now I've at least thought about how quickly we will be able to get home from the NYC trip we have planned for this coming weekend. I love my doctor - he has a great sense of humor and is incredibly thorough. He is on call on 3/6 and 3/16 so I am hoping that we are lucky enough to see him at the hospital when it is time... preferably on 3/6, but whatever works! I am feeling good and the baby is still moving around like a mad man so we really can't ask for much more. I'm going to go pack my hospital bag now... just in case!

Love You All!

Brit

PS. I have had high hopes of getting through this long list of to do's before today... if anyone wants to volunteer to do it for me that would be great. It's not hard, I just can't do any of it and relax at the same time. So tough.

1 comment:

A Darley said...

I'll do you to-do list if you want to come teach show choir! I'm sure your many episodes of Glee have prepared you! :) And it's enough running around it'll probably send you right into labor... too bad I"m all the way out in Indiana! Love you!