
Good Morning Family!
Michael and I had a fun weekend playing and getting ready for this baby boy to make his big debut. My goal has been to be completely ready for his arrival by February 29th so these next couple of days are full of tons of weird little odds and ends that I don't want to have to think about once he is here. Today is mostly cleaning, paying bills, sending off tax documents, putting one last coat of sealant on the baby's dresser and other highly exciting things. We are having the young single adults over for family home evening tonight so that will also be a lot of fun to get ready for.
I mentioned that Michael and I were going to go to NYC on Saturday but that didn't end up happening. We had warnings for 80 mph winds and were encouraged not to drive more than necessary, lol! 80 mph!? It was pretty crazy. I did, however, have a baby shower thrown for me by my cute ward on Saturday afternoon. It was gentleman themed and I could have DIED from the cuteness. Basically everything was centered around the rules of a gentleman. The hostesses printed out all of the 'rules' of a gentleman and posted them around the room. They were things like, "a gentleman will readily offer his coat or his hand". At the end of the party she had us all take pictures wearing fake mustaches and glasses while holding the rules. There were also extra large cloth bow ties hand made for all of the attending guests to wear throughout the party. I have never seen anything so cute. The details were amazing - from the monogrammed cookies to the die cuts of top hats and old fashioned cars, everyone was in LOVE and I felt SO special that the party was planned for me - and that so many people attended!
The ward also got together to pitch in for a group gift - my dream stroller!! It is SO perfect. The baby LOVES it. When they gave it to me one of the girls said, "you know - you can take it to the fire station or the police station and they will install the car seat for the first time so that it is installed correctly and as tightly as possible." I laughed and told her that I thought it was a great idea but that Michael would never have it. That I knew for a fact that if I were to suggest it that he would be sure I was doubting his strength and masculinity.
When I got home, Michael carried the box upstairs and had it assembled before even setting the box down. He turned to me and asked if I wanted him to install the car seat in the car so that we would be ready just in case. I told him about my friend's suggestion; he looked at me and said, "What? You don't think I'm as strong as a fireman?!?" He then responded to my request of vacuuming the car and took the car seat down to show me how it is really done. I think he had me try and wiggle the seat at least 300 times to show me 'how a fireman wishes he could do it'. Needless to say - my life will never be dull, and the car is ready for action. I should have my bag packed and in the trunk by tomorrow night and then the baby really can come whenever he wants.
My next doctor's appointment is tomorrow so I'm hoping for some progress... but am not really expecting much after he laughed at me last week for asking if I was dilated yet. My super intense walking routine is going to start on Thursday so next week we'll hopefully see some good progress!! Fingers crossed!!
Love You All!!
Brit
PS. 15 Days!! Crazy!! Also - The Pregnancy Journal is the book that I take pictures of every day to send to you and they consider me to be full term at 38 weeks... So there won't be any pictures from here on out because the book ends tomorrow when I hit 38 weeks!!
3 comments:
I can't believe you only have two more weeks to go!!! By next week when you realize you've cleaned and organized every inch of your apartment about ten times you're going to be begging that little guy to come out LOL. Hope tomorrow's appt show's that you've started to make some progress. :)
Sounds like you have an amazing ward, so sweet of them to throw you such a fun shower! And that story about Michael installing the car seat cracks me up... As Josh would say, "He is all that is man!" HAHAHA
That is SO Michael. Love it. I'm so excited to see this cute little guy of yours!
This made me laugh :) And how cute of a shower?! I love that they just took you under their wings and did a whole production for you! I would love to see pictures.
Thanks for the updates! I have been thinking about you a lot.
And someone gave me that Pregnancy Journal! It has been crazy to see those random facts.
Post a Comment