During my whole pregnancy I have emailed updates to my family letting them know what is going on with the baby every day. This may sound crazy and excessive, and it may be... but I am really excited. It is also REALLY easy because I have The Pregnancy Journal, a book that gives you a daily update of what is happening with your baby. I typically just take a picture of the book's update, attach it to an email and give my two cents. Anyway, as negligent as I have been with blogging lately, I have still been good at these updates and realized that you may also appreciate them these last 2.5 weeks... So here is for today. I'm actually on day 263 but that update was a little too graphic so I just used yesterday's.

Good Morning Family!
I was talking to my mom yesterday and she told me that my grandma called to make sure I was not in the hospital since I had not sent my update for the day! I didn't even think about how natural of a conclusion that would be to draw! If I do go into labor at any point here in these next couple of weeks I will make sure an email goes out from either Michael or I so that you know.
Last night as Michael and I got ready to leave on a fancy schmancy dinner date he got wide-eyed and said, "THIS COULD BE OUR LAST DATE... EVER!!!" I laughed a lot, applauded his creativity in choosing to do dinner and a Red Box for our last date, and made sweet and subtle "this BETTER not be our last date ever" reminders the rest of the night. He of course meant pre-baby and in that sense, who knows?! So we're going to NYC tonight... just to make sure to get another good one in. I will let you know what we decide to do there and what the baby thinks of it. He always seems to go crazy when we go into the city - Michael and I think it is because our friends Dusty and Alli live there and they just had their baby boy, Maxwell, a month ago. We are certain that these two troublemakers were heavenly partners in crime before making their debuts. Basically, getting them close together again makes him do naughty things - like break his mother's ribs.
The update today mentions that a kick from the baby at this point could practically knock a book off of your lap. That is true. Baby also likes to kick Daddy when we hug, likes to wrestle Mommy's organs when she is relaxing and most of all... push the dogs off of Mommy's belly. He must think it is SO funny because he literally kicks Tank every time Tank tries to get comfy on top of my belly. He's probably just establishing his alpha-male standing or something.
I am off to get ready for my baby shower that my cute ward is throwing for me today!! Can you believe that?? We've been here, what? Like 10 weeks? They are so sweet. Updates tomorrow on how it all goes!
Love You All!!
Brit
PS. Only 17 days till Dday!!
3 comments:
Haha, baby is alpha male conscious already? So funny! Poor tank though.
I am just SO excited for you! Can't wait to see him make his big debut!
17 days!??? Wow, time has gone by so fast! (for me at least) I know those last few weeks are rough. Hang in there!
And take advantage of as many "last dates" as you can. It really will be a long time before you two are just you TWO again.
I can't wait to see this little man! Keep us posted!!!
xoxo
Post a Comment