I have held off on updating my blog with my daily letters because things have been a little bit confusing (read: emotional) concerning my due date. I am technically due this coming Tuesday 3/13 but the doctor seems to think that there is no way I will be delivering less than a week late. He has not officially changed my due date or anything crazy like that, but I have just decided to mentally prepare to meet this baby on 3/20. If he doesn't come by then he is in big trouble. My mom was originally planning on flying in tomorrow but it looks like she will probably be coming in on Friday 3/16 instead and I feel totally good about that. To be honest, I just can't wait to have her here. I am SO excited to meet this baby and having my mom here to meet him too is SO IMPORTANT to me. Anyway, things are good. I am perfecting the skill of patience... Here is my update from today:
Good Morning Fam Bam!
Yesterday was a fun day. It was mostly full of relaxing and working on a couple of my New Year's goals. I am currently reading a book on nursing and had so much fun doing my reading yesterday while sitting in the baby's nursery, just gliding to my heart's content with a room full of sunshine. The book is very helpful in assisting a new mom in knowing what to expect from nursing and laying out potential problems... I had no idea how many issues we could come up against. Whenever a new mom is asked about breast feeding I feel like her response is always a deep sigh along with 'it is really hard'... like she is too tired to explain what 'hard' means. Now I know that that is probably because there is a book full of things she could be experiencing and she probably IS to tired to explain what 'hard' means. For now, I am just going to keep reading, know my options for support (both the hospital and my pediatrician have a lactation consultant available), and not worry about it. I feel really strongly that there is no use in worrying as long as you're educated.
I also went to a gardening and canning class that was put on by my ward's Relief Society last night and it was really fun. Every time I go somewhere people are surprised to see me now. We weren't at church this last Sunday because we went to Dusty and Alli's baby blessing in NYC so everyone was convinced I had already had the baby and were SO confused to see me round and happy last night. As well as the much needed social time, I learned a lot about gardening and am planning on starting our very own balcony garden at the end of May. As for canning - count me out. It takes way less time for the Jolley Green Giant to toss a pre-labeled, pre-sealed can in my shopping cart than to go through all of the work of canning.
Lastly, Johnny and Leah went into labor last night!! That officially makes me the last pregger (of this January-March wave) standing and I'm darn proud of it. I have an inkling that it will also put me in the lead in the birth-weight category as well. Woohoo! Bring on that notorious Murdock head (they are known for having giant heads - didn't know that when I said 'I do')!! I have about 6 other friends that have had babies in the last two months but these are our close friends. The lineup as it currently stands:
-Brandon and Amanda Berns (NYC) - baby boy Hugo
-Dusty and Alli Boothe (NYC) - baby boy Maxwell
-Josh and Megan Demasters (SoCal) - baby girl Ava
-John and Katharine Peterson (UT) - baby boy Spencer
-Johnny and Leah Jesperson (UT) - baby girl ___?? (we'll know soon!!)
-Insert Michael and Brit here!!!
-Brandon and Chelsea Bishop (SoCal) - due in August
Bring on the babies!!
Love You All!!
Brit
4 comments:
Our baby was 8 days late (I think now that her due date was just off a little), and it worked out fine. I really didn't mind, but it made me CRAZY when people were suggesting things to put myself into labor, because pretty much those things will only work if your body is ready to go into labor ANYWAY.
I got good at smiling and pretending to appreciate advice to run up and down stairs, eat spicy food, and have lots of sex.
Can't believe you're on the final countdown! Good luck!
Hopefully this isn't TMI, but I was SO SO scared of breastfeeding. Like, more than labor. So I prepared as well and used LOTS and LOTS of nipple cream and everything has gone so great for me! I'm only three weeks in but I haven't had hardly any pain and I'm so so grateful. So make sure you have some at the hospital (my hospital provided some for me but just in case!) and start using it right away every time! (I'm sure the books have already told you to do this, but I just wanted to let you know that it can work! Haha)
Brit, I had 5 kids and breast fed 4 of the 5. I struggled with it until my last one. I breast fed her for about 6 months and I loved it. I had so much success with her that I wondered why I struggled with the boys. Maybe it was because I relaxed more.I didn't have any tenderness problems. However the one I bottle fed only was just as healthy as the others. Good luck!
Thanks for the shout out! I keep thinking about you and what you must be going through. I am sure you are so anxious! I hope you are feeling okay and I cannot wait to see your beautiful new baby.
Post a Comment