Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Two Months And Growing

Cannon: two months

My Dear Can Can,

Happy two-month birthday!  You weighed in at 11lb, 13oz today at the doctor, making you exactly one pound heavier than your one-month appointment and exactly three pounds heavier than birth!  You are in the 50th percentile for weight (down from the 90th) and 75th percentile for height (down from 98th) at 23.25 inches... you are almost two feet tall!  Your blonde hair has a strawberry tint to it now and is getting pretty long!  You were born without any hair from your forehead back to about the middle of the top of your head but that is now slowly filling in.  Your blue eyes are as brilliant as ever and I love to watch them as you learn how to express your emotions through your little face.

Your first real set of smiles was when you were five weeks old in the arms of your Grandma Cheryl.  You and I visited she and Kimpa after your baby blessing in Utah.  She was talking to you and you just beamed back up at her with that beautiful set of gums!  It was during this same week that you finally got to meet your Uncle Nick and Aunt Gabby.  They are the ones that gave you your favorite Angels binki that has almost become permanently attached to your little lips.  We have finally helped you get used to falling asleep at night without it but every other waking hour is spent searching for that binki like it's the last thing you'll do.  Lucky for us, you do spit it out when you are ready to smile and laugh which is happening more every day.

The things that make you the happiest are being outside, eating, tummy time with daddy, and water.  We love to take you everywhere we go to see how you will respond to the world around you.  Normally you are very easy going and happy all of the time.  We go to Mother Goose at the library together at least twice a week and you love to read, sing and dance with the other kids.  You never sleep through Mother Goose.  Probably because you are saving all of your good sleep for night time, where you continue to sleep wonderfully.  You are going to bed around 8:30, waking up once for a diaper change around 5am, then sleeping until about 6:30.  I am pretty sure that you will start sleeping the whole 10 hours in the next two weeks.

Highlights from the last month have included going to Utah where we celebrated Daddy's graduation from BYU and your being blessed.  Taking your first airplane ride, whereon you never even made a sound.  Taking your first road trip, 11 hours of pure bliss with such a happy baby.  Going on your first hike.  Attending your first rodeo, which you slept through until it came time for mutton bustin' (which I am determined to sign you up for when you're bigger).  Helping me celebrate my very first Mother's Day with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, a clean house, dinner, and a planned girls day for Alli Boothe (Max's mommy) and I!  And meeting Kimpa, Grandpa Craig, Great Grandma and Grandpa Murdock, Great Grandma Lee, Great Uncle Dave, Great Uncle Darryl and Aunt Bonnie, Uncle Jon and Aunt Savanna, Uncle Nick and Aunt Gabby, all of your Murdock cousins, lots of your Lee cousins, all of Daddy and I's Utah friends, Cora Jesperson, Jane and Spencer Peterson, and lots of other people that love you!

Thank you, my Cannontaloupe for bringing such a sweetness to our home.  You bring out such tenderness in your dad and I and we cannot imagine life without you.

Love you Forever,

Mommy

2 comments:

Dani and Chandler said...

Dearest Cannon,
Stop growing! Please! I want to see you when you're still newborn size. At this rate you are sure to pass up little Sirri. You're missing out on not having met her yet! We miss you and can't wait to meet you soon!
Love,
The-last-one-to-meet-you-if-you-don't-stop-growing-or-visit-us-soon-I'm-going-to-cry! & the love of your life

Megan said...

I definitely need more pics of that little boy. He's so scrumptious!

Ava was 11 pounds 13 oz when I took her to the doctor last week... how funny that they're the same size now!