Friday, June 15, 2012

Three Months

Cannon, three months

My Sweet Little Can Man,

Congratulations on being a quarter of a year old!  You know what they say?!  One quarter of a year older and wiser too!  You are still growing wonderfully while still staying particularly tall and skinny; though your legs are showing some good chunky potential.  Your 0-3 month clothes started getting a little tight about two weeks ago so we got up early together this morning to switch them all out for your 3-6 month clothes.  Being able to switch your entire wardrobe out every 3 months is Mommy's dream come true.  I shout for joy every time you spit up because I know it justifies changing your clothes once again... something I couldn't convince myself was ok otherwise since you like to scream through every swap.

You have gone through several interesting emotional phases this past month, mostly teaching Mommy and Daddy that your 8/8:30 bedtime cannot be compromised.  Other than your sleepy and hungry moments you are ONE HAPPY BABY!  You have started to show an interest in grabbing objects and exploring new textures with your little fingers.  To make your car seat more exciting we attached a little ball with holes in it so that you can grab and play with it.  Your favorite thing to do is to pull it to your face and stick your tongue through each one of the holes.  You love to stroke different fabrics and people's skin with your little hands.  My favorite thing to do is hold you close and let you scratch my neck with your soft little hands.

You are also now responding to visual stimulants like trees and fans more than ever.  You love to be outside so that you can stare up at all of these New England trees.  Unfortunately we had to give Ruby away this month and are all missing her every day.  As a result, though, we are spending a lot of outdoor time with Tank at dog parks and on long walks.  You love any time I will give you in the sun, which also makes our poolside play dates a fun event.  Sometimes the cold water is a little shocking but for the most part you love the water.

Spring and summer months in the Murdock house are always laced with dreams of home runs and double plays and you have jumped right into the swing of things as you became our co-ed softball team's mascot.  You watch Mommy and Daddy intently as you are passed from teammate to teammate throughout the game, only crying when you can't see what's going on.  This past week I set you down on the couch for a minute and when I came back you were watching the Portugal v. Denmark soccer game on ESPN all by yourself.  I think you are your daddy's son after all.

I am more impressed with you every day as I watch you learn and grow.  You seem like such a big boy sitting in your Bumbo, squawking away.  To prevent the awkward 'baby mullet and top of the head curl', you got your first haircut this month, though you did not enjoy it in the slightest.  Your hair was slightly reddish at first but it now seems to be growing in as blonde as can be.  You also spent your first full day in New York City when Auntie Savanna came to visit you for 4 days.  Your favorite thing was the Guggenheim Museum... or seeing your friend Max Boothe in Central Park.  You also saw your first in-theater movie, What to Expect When You're Expecting (Mom's choice), and loved the whole experience.  You have started laughing a bit, though it sounds more like an incredibly happy gasp than a laugh most of the time and I love it!  You make everyone around you happy as you jump, smile, squeak, and drool like crazy.  Thank you for your happy spirit... and for sleeping through the night.  You started sleeping through the night at 2.5 months and have been great ever since.  You go to bed by 8:30pm and we don't see your darling little face again until about 6:15am the next morning.  You also hit a huge landmark by rolling over this month!  You rolled over for the first time when you were about 2.5 months then again today!  You bring joy everywhere you go and I can't imagine loving any little person more than I love you.

Forever,

Mommy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy three months, little cannon man!! Isnt this the funnest stage so far? I love when they start being more active and alert!

Megan said...

3 months already?! I can't believe that. Cannon and Ava really do have so much in common, this bodes well for my dream of them being soul mates! ;) Happy quarter of a year, Cannon dear!

Kim said...

Okay, I must be behind I did not realize you were updating your page. I'm back and reading intently. So you are changing Cannon as often as you changed when you were little, and you did not need any excuse to empty your dresser to find yoru next outfit. He is growing so fast, and I am not missing it with the daily pictures. I love his smile and the joy he shows in all his pics.I guess we are going to now do quarter birthdays versus half birthdays. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANNON. Love Kimpa