Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cannon is 10 Months!

cannon michael, 10 months
My Sweet Can Man,
You have been SO much fun this month!!  You love to laugh and play and make big messes!  Your favorite places to play are the kitchen and the bathrooms.  You love to pull the toaster out of the kitchen cupboard to see how many crumbs were left inside from its last use.  You also enjoy unraveling the toilet paper in the bathroom and let Tank rip your mess to shreds!
You and Tank are becoming quite the duo!  You hold onto his tug rope and he drags you around from the other side.  You sit in your high chair and he waits patiently at your feet for his half of the meal.  You throw his ball and he happily brings it back.  He even follows us into the nursery while you get your diaper changed and into the bathroom during your baths, which you now LOOOOVE to take in the bath tub like a big boy!  It seems that the only thing he is waiting on before becoming blood brothers are your abilities to aim when you throw and for you to take your first steps.
You are a confident cruiser and can switch between pieces of furniture or hands easily but walking does not seem to interest you yet.  Your crawling abilities are being perfected as you explore the world around you.  I am constantly finding little trails as I pick up in the evenings that just seem to say 'Cannon was here'!
Just the other day we were at the Kennedy's house taking care of their kids Ethan (5) and Eva (3) when you found their cereal shelf.  I was cleaning up in the next room over and realized that I had not heard you in a while, so came to see what was going on.  There you were, sitting in a pile of Cheerios with the box on one side of you and the empty bag on the other, looking as innocent and happy as ever.  You could not see the problem... probably because you were being so good about cleaning up after yourself, eating at least half of the mess right off of the floor.  I decided just to let you eat for a while as I took pictures and laughed to myself.
When you're not making me laugh, you are certainly making yourself and everyone else laugh.  You love to pull your flirtiest of faces, shrug your shoulders, put your chin down and giggle when you get excited.  It is absolutely irresistible.  Your other charms include lots of waving, nuzzling, kissing, fluttering your lips, holding hands and jabbering at anyone that will listen.
At the end of December you pulled out all the stops and soaked in a week of Grandma Camp.  Daddy and I went with some of the other grown up Murdocks on an eight-day cruise to the Eastern Caribbean and Grandma Cheryl came all the way to Connecticut to love on you while we were gone.  I missed you like crazy but knowing you were at home with Grandma made everything alright.  She had lots of fun stories to tell us when we got back.  I felt like I hadn't seen you in a year, you had changed so much!  You had two top teeth on their way in, you didn't need your wrap to sleep any more and you changed from two naps a day to only one!  Now you wake up between 6 and 7am and go back down for a nap around 9am.  You sleep for two hours, then we get the party started for the rest of the day.  Every once in a while you ask for a second nap but I think those days are numbered, which is ok since we have 1:00 church this year.
Your mischievous tendencies paired with your sweet nature make me want to squeeze and play with you all day long.  Thank you for being so loving.  For setting your head on my lap so that I can play with your hair and for holding my hands at every opportunity.  Your chubby little fingers could not be any cuter.  I love your smile and your laugh but mostly that you are all mine (and daddy's) and I get to spend so much time with you.  You are my sunshine.
Forever,
Mama
PS.  You also stopped spitting up this month!!  THANK YOU!!

A couple more from our 10-month collection:






4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my gosh, those pictures are so visually descriptive of little Cannon. I love how much joy you and Michael get out of him. When Cheryl was there we would talk everyday and she was always finding new joys with Cannon. It brings back such warm and wonderful memories of when you and Nick were little and Grandma Lee would take care of you when we went somewhere. Sometimes babies are overwhelming - not in a bad way but almost incomprehensible as to the love and joy and smiles they bring. Love Kimpa

Caytlin said...

A boy and his dog...so cute :) And hooray for no more spitting up!! That's a milestone no one talks about that should be a huge celebration!

Megan said...

Oh, those pictures! And his little teeth! My heavens, he is getting soooo big! I know I have only met him once, but I just love that little boy of yours. Please give him a big squishy hug from me, and from Ava of course!

A Darley said...

I love the picture of Cannon and Tank looking out the window! Hope you've had a couple of 60 degree days too and could take advantage of walks outside! Miss you!