The end result was the most precious little girl you have ever seen. I can't wait to hear what Brit writes cause it will certainly be better than what I can muster... We don't have a name yet but that will be coming very soon. In the meantime, here are some pics...
Isn't she just the cutest!
Here is mom, after 12 hours of labor
And after 2+ hours of pushing we finally decided it was time for a c-section
Look at my lovely wife, she is so amazing!
This is our little girl taking her first breath!
She is perfect and healthy!
Mom's first kiss!
Dad's first kiss (don't worry, I went home and shaved, she doesn't like daddy's whiskers)
Some quiet daddy time
8lbs 11ozs, 22 inches long.
2ozs lighter and .5 inches longer than her brother
Look at that beautiful dark hair!
Isn't she just precious!
Mommy time
ohh those rolls!
Cannon got to meet his little sister today. He has been a perfect brother so far. He just loves her already. He's so nice to her. His "Th-Ith-Ster"
He was more than happy to help giver her her "bobber"
"Geemaw" (as Cannon calls her) has been such a support for Brit. So glad she could be here for her and to help with Cannon. Grandparents are the best!!
To maximize our chances of a vaginal birth, we hired a doula to help us. Though we weren't successful in a natural birth, Angel was the best thing we could have done. Her moral support and her efforts to help the baby come really gave Brit and I the confidence that we had done everything we could. In the end, this little one never rotated her head properly, so she could not get through Brit's hip bones (which is exactly what had happened with Cannon). During this c-section, doctor's had to spend extra time reconstructing Brit's uterus because she had been pushing so hard it had stretched and lacerated. I'm so grateful for all the support we had and for modern science to allow for both of our babies (and my wife) to be happy and healthy.
Our very first family photo.
Brit will be in the hospital with our little girl for the next few days recovering. She seems to be doing well. Please keep her in your prayers. Thank you all for your wonderful support.

6 comments:
Beautiful little familia!!
Gorgeous baby, beautiful pictures, AMAZING mama! I'm glad you had an Angel to watch over you. Prayers for healing coming your way.
Congrats!! Brit, you are amazing having to do that much pushing and a c-section.. sending good vibes your way for a fast recovery!
This makes my heart burst and break all at the same time. I'm sorry things didn't happen the way Brit was hoping, even after so much hard work... But so grateful that she and baby are doing well. The pictures are just precious and make me so happy for you all! You are a beautiful little family of four--we love you guys and are praying for you!
This is so so beautiful! The whole thing!! I am just bursting. Love you both. Baby Elle is a beauty! She looks so much like Britt! It sounds like it was a long, hard day. That pic of Britt face planted on the back of the bed says it all. Good thing we forget, or this earth would be sparsely populated! Can't wait to meet her! Congratulations and give cannon a big hug from max. They are in the big brother club together now:)
I wish I was there with you all to help and love beautiful baby Elle! I love you so much!
Post a Comment