![]() | |||
| cannon michael, 2 1/2 |
How do I capture this phase in words?? You
have grown up SO much in the past six months it is truly unbelievable.
Your personality is vibrant and exciting. Life through your eyes is
fast paced and FULL! I wish we could settle into 2.5 and all of its
curiosity forever.
You are an incredibly
organized little boy. You love routine, order and precision, though you
have also started to enjoy getting dirty and exploring a bit of
spontaneity. The basket of cars downstairs in the play room goes in and
out of its shelf several times a day as you race them down ramps,
through boxes, on Lego tracks, line them up, space them perfectly,
organize them by color, you name it. Similar routines are practiced
with airplanes, choo choo trains and Legos. You have started enjoying
imaginative play and it is fun to listen to your stories of where your
toys have been or where they are going. Everyone's most common
destination is the airport but sometimes we stop by the train station as
well. Your imagination has also transitioned one of your friends,
Preston, into the beginnings of an imaginary friend. You love to tell
me all about Preston as he chases you, you tickle him, he goes upstairs,
sits in the fireplace, etc. Preston definitely keeps you on your toes.
The more you grow, the more I love you and I just can't get enough. These past six months have been mind blowing. You are full of energy; constantly running, jumping, throwing, and playing. Your hand-eye coordination is getting pretty good and you love to hit a baseball off of your tee. Every morning when Daddy leaves for work you ask him which sport he is going to play at work. "Beeseball, Daddy? Football? Tickball? Bastetball?"
The more you grow, the more I love you and I just can't get enough. These past six months have been mind blowing. You are full of energy; constantly running, jumping, throwing, and playing. Your hand-eye coordination is getting pretty good and you love to hit a baseball off of your tee. Every morning when Daddy leaves for work you ask him which sport he is going to play at work. "Beeseball, Daddy? Football? Tickball? Bastetball?"
If you could, you would spend every minute with your dad. You two
are buddies and when you're together there is never a shortage of
creativity. You build ramps, make car villages from boxes, and make
tunnels out of everything. Daddy loves coming home from work and trying
to find where you are hiding (behind the basement door every time) so
that he can get the giggles and huge hugs that you've been storing up
for him all day. After a little bit of play time and dinner, the two of
you typically head downstairs to watch a show before bed. You both
love animated movies and I am more impressed all the time at how much
you can remember from them.
During these past
six months one of the biggest changes I have seen in you is your
ability to retain things. Whether it is a word I wish I hadn't said or
where to turn to get to a friend's house, you remember A LOT! It has
made it fun to pick you up from nursery at church because you love to
tell me about all of the different toys you played with and songs you
sang. Your favorite songs are Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Itsy Bitsy Spider.
Next
week I am taking Elle to visit Auntie Mush in Washington DC while you
and Daddy have a 'no pants weekend'! He is so excited to help you start
learning to use the potty. I think you are ready and can't wait to see your cute little bum in underwear!!
You,
Cannon Michael, are stuck with me. I love you more all the time. Your
stubborn nature sometimes has me running circles but then I remember
where you got it and we laugh. You are a happy boy and I try my best to
help foster your good nature.
I love you so much my Can Can,
I love you so much my Can Can,
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment