Monday, June 7, 2010

Hamburger Mondays


My good friend Dani (Lewis) Stoneman and her family have a tradition of eating hamburgers every Monday night. This is a sweet weekly occurrence that reminds them that no matter where everyone is, they are all doing something together. I have always appreciated this tradition that Dani loves, though my vegetarian eating habits haven’t ever allowed me to truly participate… Until now! Many of you may have tried your lot with Boca Burgers. Whether out of curiosity or force, you have also probably discovered the unavoidable desire to spend the rest of the night over the toilet puking it out of your system. They are nasty. I hope that if you have only made one attempt at Vegetarianism that it was far from the world of Boca and close to the world of Morning Star. Morning Star vegetarian meat substitutes are a vegetarian’s one shot at summer BBQ normalcy! Just unwrap it before stepping into the backyard, have a good friend distract the man with the tongs, and slip your patti on the grill – no one will ever know! Needless to say, when I announced our family’s upcoming participation in Hamburger Mondays to my carnivorous husband last night… We’ll just say it was a good night…

5 comments:

Dani and Chandler said...

well according to my grandpa it has to be a straight up burger but my mom likes to switch it up... we've had it all. including boca burgers and morningstar burgers. and i happen to enjoy both as long as it's not every week. hahah well that's cute that you posted this without even seeing my post. hahahah. love you!

Sydney said...

I feel like I know Dani so well since I tried to be her when we went to Golds. The burgers look delish!

Jessica&Jeremy said...

Morning star is amazing. All of their products totally rock! Love this idea!

A Darley said...

I love their chicken nugget substitutes! I must have done something bad to my burger though... it turned out burnt and quite icky. I guess this means I have to come out to Utah and try yours! :) Miss you! <3 Ali

C Stevens said...

Morning star is the best! We tried them because we had a coupon to get a box for free. We buy them every so often now. They don't even need seasoning.