Thursday, November 4, 2010

Christmas Dilemma


My husband thinks I'm crazy but I think 6 months on 6 months off is the perfect way to tackle Christmas. December 26th = relaxing while my sweet honey takes down the Christmas lights; July 1 = the beginning of Christmas shopping. If this overwhelms you, don't let it. Basically I make a list on July 1st of all of my little gift receivers and chip away at it/change it a little at a time. This being said I had all of my parents, and inlaws (10 people in total) done in September... That being said, this plan is not flawless. If you get someone something you think they'll really like there is a pretty good chance that they will think of it themselves in those 6 months and then... hopefully you saved the receipt! The bottom line - I have no idea what to do for my mom. We are having a heartfelt Christmas this year (so you have to make them something) and my mom's gift was overthrown in these last 6 months. I don't want to say what it was just in case she stumbles upon this post... though I'm pretty sure she won't, you can't chance that kind of stuff. Ideas? What can you make for a mom that really shows her that you love her? I promise that she won't know how to check the comments on this post so go for it.

5 comments:

Dani and Chandler said...

looks like we need to do some blog hopping and craft making... or i'm pretty sure your mom would like a grandbaby... thats not too hard to make :-)

marianne said...

Hi...just found your blog today! So fun to browse. What about a fun little scrapbook about the ten things you love about her. Call me and I'll tell you more if that sounds like something you'd like to do! 480-433-2666
Love,
Aunt Marianne
PS Give Michael a big hug and you can both pretend it's from me. :)

Chelsea said...

I have no ideas now, but I am trying to make a lot of gifts this year, so if you think of something cute, let me know!!

Caytlin said...

I don't know if this counts as "making" something, but one year I started the process of converting our old family home videos onto DVD's so they'll last longer. It's the only time I've ever made my mom cry with a Christmas gift!

Hill said...

i think a baby is a good christmas gift. Make your mom a baby. :)

I will keep thinking in case you need a back up to that!