Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Life's Biggies Lately

I have neglected to publicize a couple of the Murdock family biggies lately! So... WE ARE PREGNANT!!! Just kidding - no we're not. Mom, stop crying.

1)Our little fish named Feast died about 4 weeks ago... then mysteriously came back to life like 6 hours later. We found out later that he had an air bladder infection and that all he needed was a good dose of frozen peas rather than his fish food. We gave him the peas and he is as good as new!

2) We bought a house!! We moved on October 30th (with the help of so many wonderful friends!!) into a home in American Fork that we didn't actually get the keys to until November 1st... but all is well that ends well, right!? We didn't get caught or thrown in jail for breaking and entering so I think it was the right decision. We absolutely LOOOOVE the house and the change it has brought. I love having a family next door with 8 kids to play with and neighbors that actually care that you moved in. We have just felt so much love and support from our ward and neighborhood. Everyone keeps telling us that the Harbor 2nd Ward is how a ward should be - like a giant family - and I believe it wholeheartedly. We should be getting new callings this coming week. AAAANNNDDD it gives me a legit excuse to buy things from DI that I can intend to paint/refinish/reupholster. It is wonderful. I'm pretty sure that I have decided to focus my decorating on a sort of french country feel and I feel really good about it! Who doesn't love wrought iron and hydrengias??

3) Nick got engaged. Kinda crazy I know! He and his fiance met here at the Y. She is from Vegas so it's nice that they have that common ground. They haven't chosen a date yet.

4) Michael (I'm not supposed to make a big deal about this but you have to be excited along the way!) got called back for a 2nd interview for an internship with Pixar!!! His first one went really well - it was here in Provo when Pixar came down to observe the animation department. The next one will be done by the hiring manager over the phone in the next couple of weeks. He doesn't know when it will be yet - he just got an email last night letting him know that the secretary will be calling to schedule a time with him. He is conservatively thrilled... he doesn't' want to get ahead of himself. I... well I'm just excited for the 2nd interview. My Michael - he is a talent! If he does end up getting the spot it would be from January to June up near San Francisco working on Cars 2!! I'll keep you posted.

5) I applied to graduate school at the University of Utah. I am not positive as to why I applied or even if I will go if I get in but I felt very strongly that I was supposed to apply - so I did! And had lots of WONDERFUL support along the way as my application was due the day after we moved! My mom even surprised me and flew down to help with the packing and cleaning so that I would have more time to write my application essays. What a blessing to have such a wonderful wonderful supportive set of parents!

6) We got Tank back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He LOVES American Fork and having his very own backyard

Whew!! I think that is it!! Lots of wonderful and exciting changes and developments - hopefully not too overwhelming!! I am not so great at posting pics but I'll try!!

7 comments:

A Darley said...

Brittany,
Oh my goodness I think I had a minor heart attack with your joke at the beginning! haha So happy for you and your many accomplishments! And I wholeheartedly agree with the French decor theme! Maybe I can send you some pictures for inspriation! Miss you lots! I might have a job interview coming up soon... so if I get it, I think a trip to see you and finally meet Michael is in order!
Much love from France!
-Ali

Dani and Chandler said...

WOW Brit. I haven't gotten passed the first paragraph on your post, but I was almost VERY ANGRY that you posted that you were pregnant instead of telling me! I'll forgive you though and go back to reading your life's big events.

Chelsea said...

yay yay! I didn't know about the fish or the Pixar (inside of me is secretly saying--"woohoo Michael! That is so cool!") or the U of U application! That is so great!!
You totally got me with the pregnant thing. I read it and gasped! But then I kept reading and realized that you were just a little prankster.
I am excited to see you in December!!

Caytlin said...

WOW! So much news! Nick's already engaged?! Is he old enough to get married?? :) Congrats on the new house...have fun decorating!! Hope to see you someday soon!!

Jessica said...

I busted up laughing after the pregnant joke! There are so many wonderful things going on for you guys and I'm so happy for you! I knew about Nick getting engaged because Jessica's mom is really good friends with my mom and I used to babysit her eons ago, I couldn't believe it when I heard who she was engaged to! What a small world. I hope all continues to be swell for you!

Megan said...

You seriously just gave me a heart attack with that first little stunt you pulled ;) I would have been so, so thrilled for you! And I am still so, so thrilled for you and Michael and all the amazing things you have going on right now! I hope that Josh and I can find a time to come visit Utah soon so we can see you guys and your new home! Wish Michael good luck from us for his interview, and all the best to you for grad school! How awesome is that!

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

Congrats on all your big events. I was happy, and then dissapointed that a little bundle of joy wasn't in the works. I think you would be cute with a preggy tummy. ;) congrats on the new house!!! I am excited for you, sad to see you leave Provoland though.