Monday, August 29, 2011

Bye Bye BYU??

Today was the first day of Fall semester! Michael was so cute in his little backpack and gray shirt that I couldn't help but take a picture... I'll post it later. He has been on campus for a couple of hours now and it just hit me... this could be the end! The end of tuition, homework, late nights at the lab, all of it! I am so so SOOO grateful that Michael stuck with it long enough to figure out what he truly loves to do and put in the work to make it happen. It has been a little bit windier of a road than originally anticipated but I think that Michael will be leaving his college career with something that many people forget to build along the way: passion. He loves what he does and he loves what he has learned... despite the naughty words he has spit at his computer along the way. He is going into his last semester at BYU with the momentum of success as his motivation. There are great things waiting for him because he has put his all into what he loves. I am so proud of you Michael!! I am so happy you're almost done so that you can do what you want to do out there!! I'm excited to go through your syllabi with you tonight :-) Bring on the homework!! These next 4 months will FLY BY!! Love you!!

7 comments:

Savanna Rodriguez said...

WOo hoo! I can't wait to see Michael's first day photo & eventually his graduation photo! So proud of you brother!

Michael said...

I AM SO EXCITED!! The light at the end of the tunnel is finally a reality! I starting to feel like I may actually graduate! Thanks for all of your support love! I couldn't have done it without you!!!

Megan said...

That is so cute that you took a picture of him on his first day of school. He is lucky to have had your love and support through the many years of school, and you should definitely be proud of all he's accomplished! I hope to hear that you're coming to California in 4 months! ;) Best of luck during your last sememster Michael!

Unknown said...

that is the BEST feeling ever. hooray for the light at the end of the tunnel!

Unknown said...

So exciting!! So happy for both of you!!!

Jess said...

You guys are so dang cute! I love you both and am so excited! You are so very right about finding your passion...

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.