
This week the baby is the length (crown to rump, so not including his legs) of a banana! You know that feeling like the days are dragging but the weeks are flying by!? There has been a lot of that going on lately. I am feeling the baby move around every day now but we still have not felt him from the outside. I have a theory that he really likes to be touched because it seems like every time he is moving around, putting my hand on my tummy stops him dead in his tracks; he seems to just immediately calm down. I guess that means we will see how things go these next couple weeks. I really want to be able to feel him from the outside when I see my family at Thanksgiving so that my Grandma and parents can feel him.
The What to Expect When You're Expecting site says that this is the time that my ligaments are supposed to loosen more, allowing possible bone growth in particular areas... namely my feet. When my mom got pregnant with me she wore a size 8 shoe... two babies later she wears a size 10. Needless to say, I am petrified (not that I don't love your feet Mom) that my 7.5's are going to grow to 13's by the time I am done with my children - even if there are not 6 children in the plan.
A couple people have asked if being pregnant has helped us to decide how many kids we want total. Honestly, no. Not really. If pregnancy didn't result in babies I'd be fine doing this over and over. I love the excitement and I love the responsibility. Pregnancy, however, DOES lead to babies and I have still never had one of those. We have always said that we would like 3 or 4 and I think that we are still on track there. As for spacing... I really want to have the first two back to back. As some of you may know, it took Michael and I 13 months to get pregnant with this baby, eventually doing so with the help of Clomid. 13 months may not sound like a long time when you can read it quickly in a sentence but it was pretty rough. We don't know if getting pregnant with this little one will resolve the problems that we had this time or if we will need Clomid again in the future, but right now we both feel like the smartest thing for my body would be to stay off of birth control after the baby is born. So, yes! We could have Irish twins or we could have them spaced a couple of years apart. We'll let my body decide. With our preference to have them close together, staying off of the pill was an easy decision. I think I am going to write a post on our journey to pregnancy. Everyone's experiences are so different but it really helped me to hear the details of other women's stories, both for emotional support and to know how to move forward in my own situation. My gratitude and love for this little boy is growing faster than my belly is. I can't believe it's more than halfway over already!
10 comments:
I love this post - thanks for sharing your thoughts. I am SO happy that you guys were able to get pregnant; a baby is the best!
I am not sure that your son will appreciate being used as a phone. Don't worry about your feet growing, I would worry about your nose. Some women's noses grow to 3 times their original size. Okay, I lied and so maybe my nose will grow. But growing feet can help you balance more when you have one on each hip and one in a backpack.
I am so excited that you are excited together. I am sure that Michael can't wait until he can take his son to his first seed spitting contest. : ).
This is so fun to read!
I'm with you on the days going slow but weeks flying by. That's exactly how I felt about my pregnancy. I wondered how in the world women thought pregnancy dragged on and on. Mine flew by. Although, the last 3 weeks or so definitely seemed to slow down. That last month is rough. By the way, you are the most adorable pregnant woman ever!!!
you are the cutest ever!!! I remember thinking the same thing as you when the days go slow and the weeks go fast. And here's a little secret: it's pretty much the same thing once they are born too (for a while at least). But it is all so worth it!
And I would love to hear your pregnancy journey. I didn't know you struggled to get pregnant for a while. I am so glad everything has begun to work out for you! One thing I have learned about being a mom is that Heavely father knows us way better then we know ourselves, and things always happen for a reason.
Love you Brit!!! Keep the updates and pictures coming!
so happy for you guys that you were able to get pregnant! 13 months is a very long time for someone who is waiting every single month to see if they're pregnant or not.. i can only imagine how hard that must've been for you. (my doctor told me it could take me years to get pregnant, and bella decided to come right away.. so heavenly father obviously has a hand in all of this!)
I love these weekly pictures with the corresponding fruit/vegetable. Hilarious!
And I really think you should post about your experience. I really loved hearing about it while it was all happening, and I think others would really appreciate hearing it as well. Especially, like you said, if they are going through similar situations.
hons, you just keep getting cuter every week! I promise I will still kiss/massage your feet even if they get bigger than mine!
I concur with all the above comments -- you seriously get cuter with each passing week! And I also concur about the weeks flying by even though the days seem to go slowly... Totally feel you there.
I had no idea you guys tried for so long before getting pregnant. I have many friends (at least 4 or 5 in my ward alone) who have turned to Clomid in order to get pregnant, and I always appreciate hearing their stories. They have helped me be more empathetic to all the women I know who struggle to get pregnant, and my heart goes out to you belatedly for your struggle! So excited that you are now well on your way to having that baby in your arms now though!
Brit- You seriously look fabulous! I cannot get over how great you look. Its good to hear you are enjoying every minute of pregnancy. I can't wait to see next week's picture!
Thank you for sharing this Brit. That is a tough one to have to work through and I am so happy for you that it finally worked out. And Brit, you are just glowing in all of these pictures! You are beautiful and I am so happy for you!
Post a Comment