Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Investing in Yourself - An Inspiring Quote

I just recently read this quote over on one of my FAVORITE blogs of all time, Hungry Runner Girl, and couldn't help but re-post it:

“We have to make an initial investment of energy to develop skills to the levels where we can accomplish tasks that inspire and hold our focus... that means doing the necessary training. The alternative is passive entertainment... which temporarily drowns out the chaos but produces no satisfaction or GROWTH. Those who DO invest themselves in difficult tasks... find the returns more than worthwhile. As Csikszentmihali reports, “The quality of experience tends to improve in proportion to the effort invested in it.” (source)

It's never too late to decide to invest time and energy in something new. You're really investing in yourself, your family, and your happiness.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Does this mean no more Modern Family? ;)

Savanna Rodriguez said...

This is kind of a kick in the pants reminder. While I have been dabbling in my art, without further investment in it it will never be what I desire it to be. I will be better!