
This has been a FUN week of baby progress! We have both felt him from the outside now and I am beginning to believe that he sleeps for approximately 1 hour per day as he is definitely wiggling for the other 23... at least!! I love feeling this little one squirm around to remind me he is there. I think this is exactly what is meant my the term 'love tap'. Yesterday, however, began the escape of the monkeys!! I am not sure what triggered his excitement (I probably ate peanut butter - he goes crazy when I eat peanut butter) but I am positive that he was doing everything in his power to figure a way out through my belly button. I actually looked down and watched him push on my stomach! It made me laugh... then we had a heart to heart about why he really does need to stay put for at least another 18 weeks.
A couple of weeks ago Michael and I had a garage sale to try and get rid of the things that we won't be able to take with us to Connecticut in a couple of months. Toward the end of the sale a friend of ours from the ward stopped by with her brand new baby boy, Lincoln. I had not yet seen Lincoln and had no idea that I was so unprepared for his reveal. She opened his little carrier to give me a look at his SWEET face and... the right side of my body went into baby-talking, bundle-cuddling, cooing mother mode while the left side underwent a severe heart attack. Lincoln is the first newborn little BOY that I have seen since we found out that I would be dressing my sweetheart in blue and it was a complete reality shock. Don't get me wrong - I would have him today if I could but actually seeing a baby is different that theorizing about whatever is moving around in your tummy. After a couple of days of wonderment and shock I realized that I really am going to be a mother and all will be well. I am sure every expectant mom goes through this at some point during her pregnancy and it is a wonderful thing to realize that you really will be welcoming a little person into your home. Can't wait to meet you little one!!
2 comments:
Isn't the baby's movement the most miraculous yet weird sensation you've ever felt? It's still so bizarre to me that there's a baby in there causing all of it. I'm glad I'm not the only expectant mommy who feels that way, as it seems you had that experience too! Oh, and I swore a few weeks ago that my little girl has made my womb her personal gymnasium. She does take her breaks, but when she's going, man is she going. Her ideal workout times apear to be when I'm going to bed and when I first wake up, which make those times of the day extra fun now. :)
Ha! I love the little face on the squash!
I remember waking up in the middle of the night when I was pregnant and being completely panicked. "I can't be a mom!" "How am I going to survive birth?!" It's so funny how your body and brain go crazy when you're pregnant (and tired).
Post a Comment