Wednesday, December 7, 2011

26 Weeks and Happy as a Lark!

Can you believe I'm already 26 weeks along?? You may be wondering what happened to our fun weekly vegetable pictures... Well... rest easy! They are being taken we just haven't quite gotten around to putting them in that cute little format that tells the week number at the bottom and therefore have not been put into circulation. Things up until now have seriously been a dream come true. I have heard the word 'pop' far too frequently lately as people glance down at my tummy... which now contains a basketball-sized uterus... yikes! No wonder it takes 6 weeks for that thing to shrink back into its rightful size!

Baby Murdock is now OVER 2 POUNDS!!! I don't know how I feel about the whole "mom has gained 18, baby has only gained 2" thing but I am right where I should be weight-wise and remember... I measured a week big at my last appointment, lol!! This amazing little one is not only on the charts in weight but can also open and close his eyes and breathe normally! I need a PROUD MAMA pin.

My recent vice has been found in the wee hours of the morning lately when I have been waking up just to feel him wiggle. I am absolutely in love. He has found two ticklish spots so far and uses them liberally when he needs a good laugh/earthquake. Michael is sure I am giving him brain damage when I laugh because of how much it makes him bounce... poor kid. He shakes when I laugh like a bowl full of jelly (name that tune??). He also enjoys kicking the inside of my ribs and just recently located my BLADDER... with his HEEL. He is one funny baby.

I do have to say that one of the hardest parts right now is keeping this little guy's supplies to a minimum... Michael says that we can't buy a lot of stuff before we move across the country because then we have to ship it. Not fun. So I normally pretend I didn't hear him and hide it in the closet. Last week I found little mittens on sale and absolutely HAD to have them... I mean... the BABY had to have them. Everything is just so CUTE when it is tiny!! We also used our Black Friday Kohl's Kash to get a $130 baby monitor for $7! Supposedly it's a really good one and I am thrilled to try it out. It even came with a little motion sensor pad that is meant to be placed under the baby's mattress so that you can tell when he is moving around! Beautiful idea.

Life outside of baby-prep world has been falling into place incredibly. When Michael was offered this job in Connecticut we were thrilled... and clueless... and a little bit scared! I really do think, though, that if something is right for you that things will work themselves out. It is one of the ways that the Lord answers our prayers. Well... we are moving in 2 weeks and as of yesterday had no prospective renters for the house. Talk about panic attack. The man that was supposed to come by in the evening called before hand to let us know that he wouldn't be able to make it and then we had a surprise interest that popped up and asked to come last night as well. As we took her on the grand tour of our place everything just felt right. She seemed reliable, enjoyable, and like she will bring something special to the neighborhood. I felt so good about it that when we sat down in the kitchen after our walk-through I offered her the place without a family pow-wow or anything. I could tell that all three of us were getting great vibes. This morning she called Michael to let him know that she had canceled her current contract and would be ready to move into our place on January 1st!! We will all be getting together on Saturday to sign contracts and make things official. I could not be more thrilled. Back to packing!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to see you posting again! I've missed you!

Also, I'm THRILLED to hear that you have a renter. What a huge blessing, and one less thing you have to stress about!

Janssen said...

I didn't realize you guys were moving to Connecticut! That is fantastic. Have fun on the east coast!

Megan said...

YAY for a post! I was starting to get worried about you! But happy as a lark couldn't be more far from that, so YAY! Your little guy likes ribs too, eh? That's my little one's favorite hangout too! I am so happy to hear that everything is working out for your move across the country too!

P.S. My MIL was in town last weekend and I took her to Walmart with me where she bought our babies matching outfits. Yes. Matching. I'll leave it at that. She's going to "bling" mine to make it a little more feminine, but we're most definitely going to have to take photos and photo shop it to make it look like our babies were best friends even if they grow up 3000 miles apart. ;)

Chelsea said...

Oh Brit! I am so glad that things are falling into place. I have been thinking about you a lot and all of the really fun (but could be stressful) things going on in your life! I am so happy for you and all of your future prospects. How exciting!!

A Darley said...

Yay, a post! I missed you in weeks 24 & 25! I can't believe your move date is so soon! I wish I could come and help you with everything! Depending on how the semester is going, I might try to venture out east over my spring break - I have friends in Vermont and New Jersey and you're somewhere in between :) haha! LOTS of love to you!!!

Jessica said...

CONNECTICUT?? That's awesome! Congratulations on the job, the move, and the renter! I'm super excited for you :)

Bowen Bunch said...

DIdn't even know you were moving. Sad to see you go across country but happy to have an excuse to go back east. Congrats to you guys- so fun to see all your "little" life changes!