Monday, June 16, 2014

The Lovebirds: 5 Years and Counting!

Happy Anniversary Huns Buns!!  Our actual anny was on 5/16 but you know, life is on a delay over here and I'm ok with that.  To celebrate this year my sweet mother in law Cindy watched the babies OVERNIGHT (brave woman!!) so that we could take a romantic trip to White Plains, NY where we ate fancy food, played bocce ball, swam, and… had fun ;-)  The past couple years (guess we skipped last year, THREE YEARS, TWO YEARS) we have filled out a little survey to demonstrate our undying love so just to make sure it is still undying… the survey:

2009, painting our first apartment (Michael was such a baby!!)

2014, at a Lady Antebellum concert a couple months back

MICHAEL'S:
What was the first thing that attracted you to Brit?
First time I felt attraction towards Brit was when I saw her picture on the wall at her house. I'm pretty sure it was like her junior high pic so that does make me kinda creepy but she looked pretty hot! And in person, first thing that attracted me to her was her vibrant and contageous happiness.


Is that thing still the most attractive thing about her??
Brit's joy permeates every part about her so I guess it does, but moreso now I'm attracted to her confidence, trust and love for our little family.


How has the addition of two children changed marriage (for the better) for you?
It has brought the two of us much closer together. We now have this bond over sharing Cannon and Elle that can never be shared with anyone nor can it ever be broken.


What is your favorite thing to do with Brit?
I like to drive and talk or be at a restaurant and talk. I especially like talking about plans or just about anything that makes her laugh. Road trips are usually the most concentrated with carefree yet important discussions. Always coupled with laughs and fun!


What was your favorite experience during this past year of marriage?
Definitely having Elle, this time I saw the growth Brit had gained and I actually knew the wonderful potential Elle had instead of just being completely clueless and terrified.


What things have you learned to like to make your marriage easier??
Chick flicks. I tolerated them before, but now I've found more value in their efforts to make you smile and feel. I've also learned to enjoy goal setting and planning. I really enjoy projects a ton now too! Not sure they make marriage "easier" but they most certainly make marriage much more fun!!


What would you like your wife to know that you don't think she already knows?
That I see how hard she works to make me happy all the time. With little things and big things. I've only grown more confident with her love for me since we were married. She always makes me lunches even though she hates to, she makes wonderful dinners even though she thinks she's not good at it (not sure why she seems to think this). She always acts like she is interested in the things that I'm passionate in even though I know sometimes there is no way she actually is. Thanks hons for always making me feel so valuable.

What is the key to marital success?
Find someone that makes you a better person. Remind yourself and your spouse that you love them every day. Be committed in every way and don't put yourself above your marriage.

BRIT'S:
What was the first thing that attracted you to Michael?
His smile and how he looks in a baseball hat.

Is that thing still the most attractive thing about him??
His smile and dashing good looks are definitely still completely in tact but I think the thing that is the most attractive about him now is when he helps other people.  Who can resist a man that plays with little kids, moving big heavy furniture and doing his part at church and with his friends?  He helps me all of the time and is always willing to step up for anyone else that asks.
**As a side note, he looks great in a suit.  That's pretty attractive too.
**And when he plays sports.  Or wears his tool belt.  Or does the dishes.  You know, you know...
How has the addition of two children changed marriage (for the better) for you?
It has helped me to rely completely on Michael when I have done all that I can do.  We have a better trust and a better understanding of each other.  One of my favorite things about the birthing experience is knowing that two people can do something so magnificent together.  It has brought us so close both times.  It also helps us see our future better and makes looking forward more exciting.  Our capacity to love has grown like I can't believe.
What is your favorite thing to do with Michael?
Either play softball or travel.  I love spending time with Michael and both of these things let us let loose and just have fun and be young together.
What was your favorite experience during this past year of marriage?
Having Elle and watching Cannon with her.  They are so sweet.  I also loved our trip to Niagra Falls with Michelle and Nate.
What things have you learned to like/do to make your marriage easier??
I've tried to be more open minded about action movies (not successful yet but it's coming along), board games, cords (not ever sure why we need more cords but he's right, they always make things cooler), and having fun when things (the house) aren't in perfect order.

What would you like your husband to know that you don't think he already knows?I am excited for your salt and pepper hair to come in.  You are going to be a smokin hot old guy.

What is the key to marital success?
Listen, communicate, compromise and give him the benefit of the doubt.  (and a little extra sex never hurt anybody)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh, you love birds! I love Love, and I love this. Happy Anniversary!!!