![]() |
| elle louise, one month |
Dearest Little Elles Bells,
Happy one-month birthday! We went to the doctor and you are now a whopping 10 lbs 8oz
and 22.25 inches. You are around the 85th
percentile for all of your measurements.
You have big blue eyes and a cute little fold in your left ear that Daddy
likes to call your ‘elf’ ear. You
lost your umbilical cord the day before your one-month birthday, making bath
time with brother so much fun! You
look a lot like Cannon and even have the same receding hairline back to the
middle of your scalp that he had when he was born, though I’m sure you will
have a full head of hair in no time.
It seems that you have smiled from the very beginning. You love to sit up on our laps and have
little cooing conversations with big bright grins. In true female fashion, you are a fantastic listener and
love to have eye contact and our full attention throughout our
conversations. It is hard to do
much but smile and laugh as you talk back with your sweet little voice.
You are generally very well mannered and can be easily
satisfied with a new diaper, 4oz bottle of formula, a nap or some cuddles. When you are not happy, which is not
often, you simply scream with gusto until we get the message. It’s a pretty good system.
When nighttime comes you typically stay up until about 8pm,
then fall asleep on the couch in the basement. You eat around midnight, then when Daddy is ready for bed he
joins you and you both sleep until you get hungry between 3-5am when he feeds
you and brings you upstairs to go back to sleep with Mama until about 6am. Cannon loves to wake up to his sister
and smiles whenever I bring you into his room in the mornings. I think the two of you are going to be
wonderful friends.
During playtime, Cannon often shows you his toys or does
little tricks for you and is sure that you are amused. You watch with big eyes and smile back
at him. When you were two weeks
old we were all playing in the living room and I laid you down for some tummy
time on the couch. I
couldn’t believe my eyes when you started squirming in frustration and ROLLED
OVER! At first I thought it was
fluke but have since watched you roll several times, and even caught it on
video.
As your name states, you have been a true light in our lives
already. The time that you have
spent with your grandparents (Cheryl, Kim and Cindy all came to meet and help
take care of you when you were born) already has been so tender. You have a softness about you that is
easy to recognize and enjoy. I can’t wait to
get to know your personality more as you grow. I love you and I love the bond that we have already.
Yours Forever,
Mama


2 comments:
Such a big, beautiful girl! Oh, I can't wait to meet her someday. Also, you won the jackpot with Michael if he's willing to do her late night/early morning feedings. Seriously. I'm finally starting to feel like a more functioning human being now that E's sleeping more at night, but those first 2 months of severe sleep depriviation and no breaks were not pretty!
What a sweet little girl. I had the joy of being able to sit and hold and talk to sweet Elle While I was there and I can only say that she is a person of many words. Elle could not quite get the words formed and out, but that was not for a lack of trying. She has stolen her daddies heart and that will not go away. I am in awe of her relationship with Cannon, someday they will be comrades in arms, making mommy and daddy think it may have not been good to have had such a team. I especially touched by Elle's relationship with Brittany at such an early stage in her life. I love that they will be special hearts entwined forever. I see it in My Sweet wife and her mother and in Brittany and Cheryl - this special love and special connection. I just love seeing the looks at one another of love and joy. How fortunate was I to spend those special times with Elle and the entire family. Love is spoken there. Love Kimpa
Post a Comment