Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Wings and Roses

Yesterday was WORLD'S BEST VALENTINE'S DAY!!! Michael and I met after a long day of work in our garage (so romantic) as I pulled up to the house. My sweet man was standing there waiting for me with ten beautiful roses. Why 10 you may ask?? I had no idea... I thought maybe they were discounted or something?? The reason was unveiled later.



And I emerged from my car with a heart plate full of super hot buffalo wings from Texas Roadhouse... It really didn't take long to get from that to this:



We took a minute to tidy up and primp before jumping in the car and flitting off to a ROMANTIC couples massage given by Jill. Find more information here. We have never been so relaxed and happy. I just LOVED glancing over at my little honey so happy and pampered. As we were walking to the car he pulled out another rose and started on this speech about how he had been having a really great time so far tonight and said "Brit, this is the 11th rose. Do you know what that means? It means you have made it to the final week. Please accept this rose and be mine forever." I DIED laughing!! DIEEEDD!!!! For those of you that think I am a horrible person - go watch the bachelor! There are 11 episodes in a season. A rose = immunity from being sent home that week. The girl that receives a rose on the 11th week, therefore, is proposed to... AND I MADE IT!!!! You should also know that I accepted the rose...

We then headed home to meet up with Michael's cousin McKay and his gf Lydia to play a Valentine-themed game at WalMart (they schooled us). And enjoy part of a chickflick... though littered with Mucinex commercials... I don't recommend pirated movie sites to anyone any more... It was a WONDERFUL and ROMANTIC night that could have only been topped with... a card ;-) Michael wrote me world's sweetest note and gave me a gift certificate to go buy the swimsuit I have been in LOVE with for the past month!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!! LOVE YOU HONEY!!!

5 comments:

Michael said...

ahh honey! I love you too, you are the best Valentine ever!! Thanks for accepting the 11th rose!

Unknown said...

BLOG UPDATE!!!!

I have a few things to say:
1. couples massages are THE BEST.
2. I'm so glad you explained The Bachelor joke, cause I did not get it...
3. What is this swimsuit?? Email me a link!
4. Love love love :)

C Stevens said...

What a fun date! you two are so perfect together.
Savanna has been showing me your Disneyland blog. I'm so excited for you all to go.

Megan said...

LOL that 11th rose thing is hilarious! What a goofball!

I love hearing about all the sweet and fun things you guys do together. Didn't you get engaged on Valentine's Day a couple years ago too? You guys are on a roll for awesomeness experienced on V-day! haha So glad you guys spent a relaxing and fun day together.

P.S. Definitely hope to hear more about this swimsuit you talked about! I'm in the market for a new one myself, so if there's a website for really cute ones send it my way! ;)

Megan said...

P.P.S. I totally forgot to mention that I was looking for a good CD of love music to listen to on my commute yesterday, and guess what I found? That mixed CD you guys put together for your wedding guests! So I popped that baby in and it made happy to think of you guys, and also helped make my Valentine's Day complete! :)