Michael and I had planned on me going to visit him, then canceled the trip, then replanned it just in time to book a flight, get off of work, and drive to the airport. I don't think I have ever been more excited to see Michael in my whole life. I am so grateful that we have been able to talk on the phone and video chat whenever we want... but there is something about seeing someone's face when you talk to them... I'm also definitely not complaining that Michael has been to the gym every day since he's been here and happens to look incredible. I'll have to sneak a picture next time he has his shirt off but for now, THIS is pretty darn close.
When I finally arrived at the airport in Orange County (aaaaaah, Orange County) last night I couldn't wait to get down to baggage claim to find my honey... but he was missing! It turns out that he had been waiting in line for a car wash with only 2 people in front of him for over 40 minutes. He wanted the car to sparkle for me - so cute. When he arrived (I only had to wait like 5 mins) there were flowers in the front seat. He ran up and gave me a big elaborate hug and kiss that I'm sure our spectators appreciated immensely. We then hopped in the car and went to grab some dinner at Panera Bread. After all of these wonderful events (and spending some solid time together after dinner... dot, dot, dot.) I have concluded that the three weeks apart were almost worth it. And we haven't even started the weekend!! Today I am practicing being a stay at home mom by sleeping in until 9:30, eating a heavenly breakfast, blogging, going on a walk, and laying out by the pool until Michael gets home at 1:30. I've decided not to throw the actual child part into my practice quite yet, don't want to shock the system.
This afternoon we're meeting up with some family at Disneyland and I am really excited. Michael also has this super cute idea of recreating a Disney commercial we saw a couple of weeks back while we are there. I'll post it when we get it done (though it probably won't be for a little while since he is going to have to edit it and stuff). Stay tuned!
4 comments:
I'm so glad you two are back together! I loved the Mama Mia reference! I love that you get to lay out by the pool today! I love that you're recreating that Disney commercial! I love that you are married to my brother!
ok, i saw michael just a few days ago and I know for sure that he doesn't look like that unnaturally ripped guy... and I'm kind of glad that he doesn't cuz I definitely would have pewked. ;)
I'm so glad that you guys are finally reunited and that you're going to be able to enjoy this weekend together! and if all that you described is what the life of a stay at home mom is like, then I CANNOT WAIT until next winter. ;) LOL oh, if only.
I wish being a stay at home mom included all (or any) of those things :) sleeping in...laying by the pool...enjoy that before you have kids!
Loved everything about this post!
Post a Comment