A while back I posted about my goals while Michael is away at his California internship... We are almost halfway through so an update is at hand. I apologize in advance for another long, wordy post but I am all alone most of the time so I have to talk to someone!!
Key: DONE, IN PROGRESS, BAGGED
Around the house:
1. Goal: Re-do the guest bedroom. Strip the wallpaper off of the one wall it's on (I'm not sure who decided that the accent wall should accent the ugly closet), paint the top half of the room, then learn how to install bead board.
Update: I originally thought that this would be a great time to strip wallpaper, do some painting, then learn how to install beadboard so that I could make all of my nail gun mistakes in our first house rather than our last. Then I realized that beadboard is really expensive, time consuming, and would probably earn a valid 7+ on my future 'pro's of staying in Utah' list and I don't want to add too many more points to that list just in case it wins and the winter still comes. SOOOO... the plan was revamped! I spent two days stripping wall paper (if anyone is interested in stripping wallpaper let me know, I have lots of great tricks) then met up with Merrick at Home Depot to pick out the perfect paint color... Morning Mist. It's a subtle sort of blue with a hint of gray that I just love. I brought it home, realized they had given me Gatorade Blue instead, took it back, got the correct one, and was graced by the wonderful and hard-working presence of Savanna and Jon! They once offered to help me get through my list, to which I smiled politely. Then Jon BET me that I would not take them up on his offer. After 12 hours of painting he wished that he had not provoked my competitive side. It actually only took about 3 hours and Savanna and Jon were WONDERFUL painters!! Thank you so much for your help guys!! Unfortunately the night ended with their dogs having an allergic reaction to something in my backyard that made them all bumpy and puffy. I felt awful. Click HERE for more info.
2. Goal: Have the 2nd half of our blinds installed
Update: They have been ordered and paid for, I'm now just waiting on installation!
3. Goal: Replace the bathroom mirrors and repaint the master bathroom
Update: After realizing that we could be moving out of this house as early as January I have decided that this project is not worth my time and money. You will see this phrase copied and pasted several times in the next couple of goals listed.
4. Goal: Decorate kitchen
Update: I have decided to combine this project with my 'travel wall' project so see #7 for an update there.
5. Goal: Refinish kitchen cabinets
Update: After realizing that we could be moving out of this house as early as January I have decided that this project is not worth my time and money.
6. Goal: Install new stair rails
Update: Merrick and I looked at stair rails at home depot... you have to actually cut them, sand them, and stain them yourself before they can be installed!! I would love to still do this project but I want the rails to be ready to hang. It's just not worth it to me to go through all of that work for a stair rail.
7. Goal: Put together our travel wall that we've been talking about for at least 2 years
Update: I have decided to put our travel wall in the dining room off of the kitchen just over our dining room table. I have printed canvases and collected pictures of different trips. I am still working on framing a couple of oddly-sized pictures before I am ready to start hanging things but it is well on its way!!
8. Goal: Decide what the living room is missing
Update: It's missing Michael. And possibly a rug... but again, no use spending mula on a rug that I may not need in 5 months. I think waiting for Michael to complete the picture is much more practical.
9. Goal: Decorate wall above bed in master and find night stands
Update: I'm still really excited about this project!! I definitely want to have it done by the time Michael comes home because I think he will love it. I'm going to spear-head this one as soon as my travel wall is complete.
10. Goal: Replace the bathroom mirrors
Update: After realizing that we could be moving out of this house as early as January I have decided that this project is not worth my time and money.
11. Goal: Secret office project
Update: Still deciding how this could be accomplished and if it is worth it. My brother in law has some stellar ideas that have re-kindled the fire on this one.
Personal:
1. Goal: Come up with at least 10 light staple-dinners
Update: I don't eat dinner when I don't have anyone to cook for... so this has been interesting. Not too much progress made but I'm not going to bag it yet.
2. Goal: Ride my bike 3 times a week
Update: For some reason I have not been able to talk any of my sweet house guests into riding bikes with me... And since I have had wonderful company most of my time without Michael, this one has been a bit tricky. Maybe I will just force the next batch of guests to wear bike helmets around the house until they give in. Watch out Joyce!
3. Goal: Say kneeling prayers (I've had a hard time with this one - I swear my 3rd grade teacher is still living under my bed just waiting to grab me. Call me crazy but she is there... Mrs. Galusha...)
Update: Mrs. Galusha still lives under my bed. It freaks me out.
1 comment:
You can do it Brit! And Jon & I are happy to help some more!
Post a Comment