Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Twelve Days of Christmas: Days 1 through 5

It's the hubby's turn to be in the lime light. Michael has taken it upon himself this holiday season to turn our first Christmas together into one I will never forget. Since 5 days ago, he has started the 12 days of Christmas for me, with something special every day. Just as a catch up I will tell you what happened the first five days... and we'll go from there until Christmas!


Day One: A Partridge in a Pear Tree/A Pink Rose in a Pine Tree

On day one Michael stopped by my work to say hello and let me know that when I got home I needed to "look for something." As much as I pushed, he would give no additional clues other than, "you'll know what it is when you see it." I got home and searched through our room, bathrooms, office, and kitchen before returning to the front room where we keep our Christmas tree. It was there that I found my "Pink Rose in a Pine Tree".


Second Day: Two Turtle Doves/Two Dove Ice Cream Bars

As we ate dinner on day two, Michael warned that we might need to save room for dessert. When we were done he pulled an open box of dove ice cream bars out of the freezer. I don't eat chocolate so he had bought them because they were Dove brand and had eaten all of the chocolate off of the outside of two of them, hence the open box. Oh the sweet slobbery love!

Day Three: Three French Hens/Three French Toasts

The night before day three Michael had stayed up until 5:15am getting homework and studying done for finals week. I knew that he had come to bed pretty late so I was pretty confused when his alarm went off the next morning at 7am. He kissed me and mumbled something about needing to do more homework as he headed to the kitchen. I continued getting ready and was just about finished when he came into the bathroom and wrapped his tired little arms around me to pull me out to a beautiful plate of 'three french toasts'. They were so good! As I was about halfway through the meal he looked at me with a confused look on his face and asked what was supposed to actually be in french toast. I told him that I normally whisk together milk and eggs, then dip the bread. He just said, "oooooh" as he opened the fridge and reached for the milk. He added some to the dish he was using to make his own french toast and said, "I may not have added a lot of milk to the eggs I used for your french toast". I laughed as I flipped over my last slice of french toast to find an entire fried egg on the bottom of the last piece. Luckily he had cooked that side down first so the toast wasn't soggy at all - just really filling and SO cute.

Day Four: Four Calling Birds/Four Calling Friends

When he first started my days, Michael was sure that day number four would be my favorite. I had no idea what he had up his sleeve and just hoped that I wouldn't be attacked by singing birds at any point during the day. Around 10 I found out that Michelle Lindsey was in town from DC and we got to talk and quickly plan a get together for that night before I had to return to work. During my lunch break I got an unexpected call from my friend Diana Hoer who I haven't talked to in a couple of weeks. We just had the SWEETEST chat and both hung up so happy and excited. About 30 minutes later my phone rang again and I got to talk to another good friend, Danielle Menon, who lives acrross the country in Boston. We hadn't had a good chat in quite a while and I just LOVED the updates she had to share. After work I was on my way home when my phone rang for the fourth time! My sweet friend Amanda Berns had called from NYC just to wish me a final Merry Christmas. My heart was just brightened from these sweet voices and I am so grateful for such great friends. Those little calls really do make a difference!

Day Five: Five Golden Rings/Five Silver Rings

When Michael started this cute little marathon I jokingly told him that I had very high expectations for day five and the golden rings that I know he had coming. He of course knew I was not serious but came pretty close! He took me to the mall last night on a surprise date. He dropped me off at one end and told me that he would come back for me in about thirty minutes. Once the time had passed he came to meet me and we walked across the mall. Eventually we got to Macy's department store. He wove through the different departments until we really did arrive at a jewelry counter... I couldn't believe my eyes to walk up and find a cute little blonde-haired jewelry saleswoman waiting for me with five silver rings laid out in front of her. They explained that Michael had picked five out (he has great taste) and that I got to choose the one I liked best as today's gift. After a lot of debating I picked a thick silver ring that glitters in the light. I just love my husband!

2 comments:

Janssen said...

Wow, very awesome! He sounds like a keeper!

Megan said...

Hey Brit! It's Megan DeMasters... I hope you don't mind me blog stalking you! I love whoever invented blogs...they give me something to do/read when I'm bored at work. ;) But in any event, I just wanted to commend Michael for being so creative! This is such a cute idea--and how special for you! Looking forward to seeing the other stuff he has in store for you. :)