Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Twelve Drummers Drumming/Three Drummers Drumming + Nine


Merry Christmas!! Today was such a sweet day. The whole family fell asleep last night watching a Christmas movie then dispersed one by one to really odd places to sleep. Michael and I, in our delirium, went into his Mom's craft room and slept together on her twin trundle bed that I am pretty sure is now just for looks... but it was comfortable! When we woke up we jumped on the other kids and everyone lined up in the bathroom youngest to oldest, waiting for the parents to usher us into the living room to see what Santa had brought. The gifts were all so lovely and considerate. Part of Michael's gift to me was Day 12 - a picture frame containing 6x8 black and white pictures of the following: My dad at age 28(ish) playing the drums with his band The Fray; Nicholas playing my dad's same old drum set in his basement bedroom in Vegas; Michael playing for a music video with his band Chatham's Dormat; and one of me sitting on Michael's lap behind his drumset when Chatham's Dormat played outside on their front patio last spring. It was the sweetest, most thoughtful gift I could have possibly have asked for. Those three men mean everything to me and I am so grateful that Michael would have done that for me. His 'plus nine promise' was that if we end up having nine boys (WHICH WE WON'T) that he would teach them all to play the drums and include their pictures in the frame. Merry twelve days of Christmas everyone! This is definitely a Christmas I will never forget.

No comments: