
You know those definitions that you feel like ended up on the back of your flash cards from kindergarten through college graduation? Things like “effect v. affect”, “who v. whom”, “natural selection”, “mitosis”, etc, etc, etc. There are some definitions that have been hammered into your head so many times that you feel like you could spout them in your sleep… and others yet that were hammered in so hard that they fell out the other side. The truth? I will never truly understand how to explain the word “though”. One thing I do understand? Homeostasis… At least in a text book. I know that homeostasis is obtained when an organism has reached complete equilibrium; internal stability. So we are all organisms… when do we reach homeostasis? It is different for every person but I think it is important to know where your own equilibrium lies. What needs to be checked off of your list in order for you to rest easy and feel completely satisfied with life? It is also important to note that happiness can be obtained and maintained without obtaining homeostasis.
One of the big things for me that leads to homeostasis is how I treat my body. Lately I have really been focusing hard on treating my body well and shedding the couple of extra pounds that I have always wanted to get rid of... and I'VE DONE IT!!! I may not look any different to anyone but this has been a long time goal of mine that I have come close to only one other time and I feel SOO good about finally having accomplished it (I lost 12 pounds total). This isn't about the specific number. It is about setting a goal and sticking to it no matter what and I feel great! 'They' say that you need to focus on maintaining your weight for 3 weeks to make sure that your metabolism gets used to your new weight so I am still in that really cautious phase to make sure all of my hard work doesn't go to waste... but that will be coming to an end the 2nd weekend in March... and as a reward, I get to buy NEW JEANS!! Homeostasis here I come.
3 comments:
I want my own homeostasis... probably consists of clean home with a desk where I feel I am creating daily!
You ROCK.
Congrats! That is such a huge accomplishment. I've never heard the word homeostatis (that I can remember, at least) but I think that's an awesome word to sum up what we're all striving for. We all get there in different ways, but what a huge victory for you to have made a goal and worked to accomplish it. I'm sure you will look amazing in your new pair of jeans! :)
Post a Comment