Monday, March 7, 2011

30 Day Picture Challenge: Day 16 - Daddy Kim

Day 16: Someone who inspires you

My Dad. When the going gets tough the tough get going... That is my dad.

No resemblance, right?










He is the funniest man I know. He's been a ringmaster for a circus and a stand up comedian and never fails to keep us laughing... and spraying across the dinner table.

He is the most loyal man I know. He never turns his back on his friends... whether they value the relationship or not. He is true to the people around him even behind closed doors. You don't meet a man like that every day.

He is the most qualified and well-equipped man I know. He has spent over 40 years in the financial industry and knows the business world inside and out. He can turn any idea into a lucrative business plan that produces a quality product and produces quality employees. He is a born leader and people-builder. He has an amazing ability to allow the people around him to realize their own true potential and to achieve that potential without even realizing it.

He is one of the hardest workers I know. He works until the job gets done and doesn't stop till then... except for Christmas lights... he likes to leave those up all year round, haha!!

He is incredibly talented. He can do everything from winning a Turkey Bowl on Thanksgiving, to writing poetry and award winning essays ;-), to playing the drums, to chopping onions better than Julia Child (even though he cries the whole time), to giving meaningful gifts, to throwing the party of the century, to fixing cars and anything household, to teaching a child to tie their shoe. He really does have it all. This is what you call a 'natural talent' just like Nick and Michael.

He is the most genuine man I know. His actions and dedication to people is completely pure and honest. Everyone makes mistakes but I have never met a man that knows how to remedy them quite like my dad. He has an amazing ability to square off to his situation, figure out the root of the problem, and extinguish it from the base up. He is genuinely interested in people and in always doing the right thing.

He is an amazing priesthood leader. In my religion we believe that men have the ability to hold the priesthood of God and to use that power to do the work of the Lord. My dad works hard every day of his life to utilize this power righteously to honor the Lord and his family. He has brought amazing blessings to my life through this power and has shown me how a man is supposed to preside in the home as an equal partner to his wife.

He is the most amazing father I know. He coached every one of Nick and I's sports teams, never missed a music recital, videoed every event, planned and took us on wonderful vacations, and made home life an absolute joy and sanctuary.

He is the most amazing husband (along with my sweet Michael) that I know. He is so good to my mom. He has taken the time in their marriage to really understand her as a person and knows what makes her happy, what makes her sad, what makes her melt, and what makes her give him "the look" (not a good look to get). He knows just how to push her buttons and just how to sweep her off of her feet. They still hold hands at church and love going on dates and trips by themselves. I love their love.

I love my dad. If I could describe him in one word it would be genuine. I mean it when I say that I want to be like my dad when I grow up.

Love you Daddy Kim!!

3 comments:

Savanna Rodriguez said...

You truly know how to honor your parents, but its not too hard when they are as wonderful as I know them to be. What amazing people to have created such an amazing girl. I love you my sister.

Megan said...

how CUTE is little baby Brit!!! ahhh! Love all those pictures! And this is such a sweet post. Not many people these days can rant and rave about their fathers like you can -- he sounds like an amazing dad and example!

Chelsea said...

What a sweet post. You really do have amazing parents! They were able to always be involved in the things their children were doing. What wonderful examples.