
A couple of years ago my best friend Michelle gave me this book for Christmas with a sweet ode to friendship written in the front and a testimony of the sweetness of the story... She could not have been more right. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows is a beautiful story written as a compilation of letters of a writer searching for a story in the aftermath of World War II. She is witty and heartfelt, lending more of her friendship to her readers with every letter. I recommend this book to anyone that enjoys laughter. It has been compared to books such as 84 Charring Cross (which I haven't read) and Anne of Green Gables (which I read so long ago that I can hardly remember the story). Please read it and let me know if you fall in love like I have.
5 comments:
After I read "Eat, Pray, Love" I am reading "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" and then I am going to beg you for this book! You make it sound so wonderful!
And I hope that time comes soon because I am DYING to read "Eat Pray Love"!!! Book swap!!
I love Why the Caged Bird Sings Savvy it is so good you will need to swap with Brit for that one too... haven't read Potato Peel Pie book, I need to find it and read it too --- thanks for the tips girls, love you both
I read this book a few months ago and LOVED it. Such a sweet story!
I loved this book too. My mom gave it to me and I spent half of girls camp huddled on my cot reading it. And, you know, taking care of the girls I was responsible for. Of course!
Post a Comment