Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Nurses on The Hunt


I love Christmas. Everything is so jingley and merry with people in the mood to give. Thanksgiving is almost as good with an air of gratitude floating through our men as they crush each other in their respective Turkey Bowls... But Easter? Easter is something else in an amazing way! It doesn't quite measure up to my love for the Fourth of July but there is no need to play the good, better, best game with holidays when they are all SO good (especially 4th of July, *ahem* best holiday ever *ahem*).

Fortunately I come from a family that understands the importance of traditions and so my 22-year-old brother and myself are often found confused when our peers don't wait for a smack to the back of the head if they try to: make plans on Easter morning, sleep without a pillow after losing a tooth, or peek into the living room after a visit from Santa. You see, we would never do those things. And I mean never... Which is why I am so greatly looking forward to this year's TWO formal Easter egg hunts that I will be hosting! The second will be sponsored by the Easter Bunny himself right in my own home. All I have to do is leave the front door unlocked and make sure everyone (Michael and Joyce) is up at 6:30am for some hunting and he will do the rest!! ;-)

The first is being held at my office. Now I know what you're thinking, "don't you work BY YOURSELF every day?" Well, the answer is yes. Don't be so critical! I typically spend 8 hours a day working away all by my lonesome. If an occasional visitor happens to pop in (I had 3 today! That is a total of 10 minutes of company!! A record!!) I get momentarily star-struck and talk to them until their ears fall off. You see, I work for a home health agency and I am the company's SLC Administrator (= office). This also means that I can hold parties and meetings any time I get lonely and the field staff will almost always come through for me! When I announced our Easter Egg Hunt they could hardly contain themselves!! The hunt is in just 2 days and I already have butterflies! I will post pictures of my nurses and therapists on the hunt.

5 comments:

Cindy Lou said...

I liked this happy or should I say hoppy blog... and not that you were asking but Christmas gets my vote for #1, wish I could be at your egg hunt,stop by and see my Easter Village it is charming. Happy Easter

Kim said...

Okay, who is hiding the eggs? There is not enough time for the Easter Bunny to be everywhere. I love the concept of your hunt! Kind of like Field of Dreams (build it and they will come), hide them and they will come. Is there one special egg? With like a cotton swap or band aid in it? Nurses love band aids, they fix soooo many things. Wish I could be a weevil on the wall watching the hunt :) (you didn't hide any of those muffins did you?).

Savanna Rodriguez said...

I love that you love holidays like me! And I completley know what you mean about being shocked that people don't keep up with holiday traditions (you have to wait for your parents to come wake you up before you peek in on what Santa left! Geesh!) Although... I have to disagree about the 4th, its all about Christmas.

Michael said...

can't wait for Easters!! The past 2 Easters with you have been great!

Megan said...

Oh, Brit. The more I read your blog the more I realize we have so much in common! I too am a HUGE fan of holidays and holiday traditions!! I would totally be the first in line for your Easter egg hunts! ;) We're not having one of those in the DeMasters home, unfortunately, but we did dye eggs and I'm leaving an Easter basket out for the Easter bunny to fill with any special items he may have for us! :)