So excited for Star Tours!!! It was awesome!! There are like 50-something different sequences that you can go through in the ride now. It will still make you motion sick but at least it's a different sick every time!! We were all really impressed by the improvements.
Savanna and I made our own seashell bras and headbands in preparation for Ariel and they couldn't have been any more perfect!! People asked us like 500 times where we had purchased them. They may not look like something that you would want to wear every day but with the rose colored glasses of Ariel's Undersea Adventure glued to your face... You would have asked too.
The ride couldn't have been more perfect!!! A lot of rides take the liberty of enhancing what was actually presented in the movies from which they are derived but Ariel did not and I LOVED IT!! Every single room was STRAIGHT out of a scene from the movie and it looked AMAZING!!! It helped too that the animatronics (sp?) were awesome and the music was darling.
Then Michael rode the Tron bike...
The whole family!! So happy!!!
I don't know how to turn this picture... But I was invited up on stage during Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. It was so funny! I think that the guy heard Savanna screaming and thought it was me so he came down in the audience and got me. I'll have to post the video later. I laughed so hard. They even gave me this personalized packed of Parmesan cheese!!
Traditional picture with the indian! I think he may need a name. Suggestions?
Petting zoo. I know, I know... this goat looks elated to be choked by random seashell girl for a picture that he will never get to see. Must be hard being beautiful.
This one looks even happier
Michael wanted to take a turn wearing our headbands...
BEST LUNCH EVER!!! We went to the all you can eat BBQ in Frontierland and it was incredible. We had to rent 6 wheelchairs afterward just to get around.After Disneyland we all came home exhausted and Michael and I spent some time in the hot tub to wind down. It was so so nice. We slept in a bit on Saturday then started the day by spending some time at the flower district then proceeded to the garment district and Venice Beach.
I <3 hydrangeas!! Hint hint long lost husband!! ;-)
This picture was taken just seconds before the store owner grabbed Michael's arm and called him an F***ing cheapskate in Spanish because he decided not to buy them... she didn't realize he spent two years in the Dominican Republic hablando Espanol.
The two-headed turtle displayed in front of the Freak Show at Venice Beach. Back me up here Savvy... if you could go back would you see the Freak Show?? That's my only regret of the weekend.
The boys played lots of fun football while the rest of us bundled up and chatted
So hottI can't wait to go back and see my honey/move to socal for the rest of my life!!!!
3 comments:
I miss california more and more every time I see your fun times there! remind me why I ever left that amazing state for Texas?? haha. and I am so excited to go back to Disneyland again to see the new ariel ride!
I am totally regretting not going to the freak show too! I think I mostly wanted to see the sword swallower & the three legged dog. What a great weekend we had!
oooooh man I live and California and don't have nearly as much fun as you guys do when you come visit! I feel like such a lame-o! Isn't it funny how someone who has lived in a place their whole life often doesn't see as much as the tourists/visitors do? Next time you come down to visit we're going to have to join you on one of your adventures so that we can learn how it's done!
I am so glad to hear that the Little Mermaid was well done! I can't wait til I get a chance to go! Your whole Disneyland day sounds amazing -- I would comment on each little thing, but I'll spare you. ;)
Post a Comment