Friday, June 17, 2011

The Food Pyramid


There are some foods that are just GOOOOOD! For example:
frozen yogurt
graham crackers
mandarin oranges
yams
marshmallows
pears
dinner rolls

There are others that are just NAAAAASTY:
olives
pickles
beef jerky
cottage cheese (I want to like it so bad... but its gross so I can't)
cucumbers
ketchup
doughnuts

And some that have gotten better over the years:
grapefruit
french fries
nuts of all kinds

You're not sure why you needed to know this?? 'They' will probably redo the food guide pyramid again soon and I want to make sure that it doesn't distort your understanding of what is good and what is not good.

9 comments:

Savanna Rodriguez said...

hahaha! I love how all of the good things are mostly sweet tasting (yams, yogurt, oranges), and the bad ones are for the mostly sour tasting things (pickles, mustard, olives). I am noticing a trend Brit... YOU ARE SO SWEET! So thats the only thing you can eat. Makes sense to me.

The food pyramids are totally personal too. Mine has lots of cheese, and chocolate. But not together. Thats gross.

Caytlin said...

You're so funny....and they did re-do the pyramid. Lexi just did a current event about it. Now it's called "My Plate" or something weird like that.

Jessica said...

Haha, And I like everything on BOTH your lists except cottage cheese. It really is just gross and I try every year just to make sure. Especially since Doug loves it, but nope. gross. end of story.

Jenny said...

Cute! Fun list! They did re-do the guidelines. It's now called MyPlate. You can find it here, http://www.choosemyplate.gov/


Have fun!

Megan said...

Frozen yogurt IS my food pyramid lately. Sooooo good. :)

Oh, and I totally agree about one on your nasty list... I buy cottage cheese every now and again hoping that things will change and I'll suddenly like it, but even with pineapple chunks added I nearly gag as it goes down.... gross.
Pickles, cucumbers, and olives, though... yum!

Janssen said...

Wait, what kind of person doesn't like doughnuts?

Unknown said...

I just learned something new about you..I had no idea you didn't like doughnuts. Apparently you will have to go to round rock donuts in Austin and get your mind changed!

Michael said...

I like both lists but I actually prefer your nasty to your good. I love how I could have made this list for you and got 100% on it!

Kim said...

Okay I am not sure how 6 of my favorites list got on your nasty list. Are you just anti really good foods calling them nasty because they ended up on a sandwich or in your food when you weren't looking. Olives are the best. How about anchovies? They are the grossestest in the world and they did not make the list. You gotta love olives!