Monday, June 27, 2011

The Intern Widow Takes Control


Michael is going to be in Culver City, CA living the high life at an internship with Sony from now until August 19th. This could be a potentially very sad eight weeks without the love of my life/live in BFF so I have decided to make a to-do list that only a mad woman could conquer. I'm letting you in on it so that when I tell you that I have spent yet another 46 hours stripping wall paper or something that you know why. I've also found that love = joy and goals = overwhelming happiness... so I'm definitely going to set myself up for success here. Also keep in mind that I have been sworn to a $71 budget since that is the amount we currently have in Home Depot gift cards...

Around the house:
-Re-do the guest bedroom. Strip the wallpaper off of the one wall it's on (I'm not sure who decided that the accent wall should accent the ugly closet), paint the top half of the room, then learn how to install bead board.
-Have the 2nd half of our blinds installed
-Replace the bathroom mirrors and repaint the master bathroom
-Decorate kitchen
-Refinish kitchen cabinets
-Install new stair rails
-Put together our travel wall that we've been talking about for at least 2 years
-Decide what the living room is missing
-Decorate wall above bed in master and find night stands
-Replace the bathroom mirrors
-Secret office project

Personal:
-Come up with at least 10 light staple-dinners
-Ride my bike 3 times a week
-say kneeling prayers (I've had a hard time with this one - I swear my 3rd grade teacher is still living under my bed just waiting to grab me. Call me crazy but she is there... Mrs. Galusha...)

Along with goals, I have several exciting guest visits and trips planned!!
June 24th Dani gets back in town
July 1-7 My Padres are coming from California
July 15-17 I'm going to go visit Michael
July 21-24 Joyce is coming
August 2-5 I'm going to Girl's Camp with my Beehives
August 5-7 I'm going to visit Michael again!
August 19th Michael comes home!

I will miss my Michael but I am feeling good about the wonderful friends and family that has been so eager to spend time with me... and all of the planned commotion that will take our minds off of the distance! He is world's most wonderful husband and I'm excited to keep you updated on the things he is doing down in paradise!

Jon, Savanna and I went to drop him off in CA this past weekend. More details to come on our awesome trip but here is a sneak peek of the happy couple at (creepy and freezing, yet fun) Venice beach:

8 comments:

Savanna Rodriguez said...

I think these goals are a great idea! I'm totally excited to hear/read about the de-wallpapering of the guest room! While Michael is off in California having his adventures, we'll be reading about the day to day adventures of Brit the Amazing!

Caytlin said...

Mrs. Galusha lives under your bed??!! That is creepy...I wondered what happened to her when she retired...

You did forget one thing on your list though...you need to meet baby Hannah!!! If you have spare time while your parents are here, we should all get together. Call me!!

Megan said...

Having good goals is an awesome way to make the time pass quickly! Can't wait to hear about you checking each one off the list. :) I'm going to have Josh get in touch with Michael so that we can have him over, or go down there to do something fun... and also we're going to be up in Utah for my birthday weekend (Aug 12-15) so we'll have to visit you at one point too and see your house and puppies!

Dani and Chandler said...

dang girl! with all of those people visiting and you going to see michael, you're not going to get all of your to do list done! i'm making an insanely long one as well, im pretty sure i can do it, except for the cost of things - that might stop me. are you home now?! call me so i can see you! ps we should have a sleepover :-)

Dani and Chandler said...

and WOW, just saw that you have $71 to spend... i should buy a gift card to limit my spending.... i think my to do list is costing my like $10,000 at the moment. that includes new windows, tile floor, redo the kitchen, a new computer... haha.

Unknown said...

I want to help with some of these projects!!

A Darley said...

And when Michael gets back you should come out to Kentucky and visit me so you'll have one more thing to put on the travel wall!

Michael said...

Hons, I miss you so much! You are so hot when you are motivated!