Then
NowOne of my darling blog friends recently did a 2-year anniversary interview of her cute hubby to mark their thoughts after two years on the lock-down ;-) I know you want to know how Michael would respond to my curious questions:
Michael, what advice would you give to a new groom on how to stay married for two whole years?
1. Get a couples gym membership with a three-year contract.
2. Make the bed once a week
3. Don't forget your two-year anniversary
What benefits from marriage did you get that you weren't expecting?
1. More sleep
2. Greater appreciation for fashion (I don't know much about fashion so I think he is referring to the fact that he now notices how non-flattering football pants are and things like that...)
3. Patience
With the good, comes the bad. What surprises did you get with marriage that you weren't expecting?
1. Having to wash my hands after touching anything that is not sterile
2. Certain words are off limits (we like to say 'little potty')
3. A great realization of how illogical my own thought process can be at times (those were his words, not mine)
What spiritual insights have you gained since being married?
1. Patience
2. Humility
3. Greater recognition of other people's gifts
What do you hope to gain from the next year of marriage?
1. A college degree
2. A deeper relationship with my wife
3. Be able to say that I've cooked at least 5 meals for my wife (total... one down, four to go)
Which characteristics of mine have rubbed off on you?
1. 'Taufer Talk' (I guess it's a tone of voice... weird.)
2. Appreciation for happy endings
3. An understanding of the importance of planning ahead
What would you like your wife to know that you don't think she already knows?
I love her a lot more than I even did when we got married and I love her smokin' hot new hair feathers.
What would you NOT like your wife to know that you don't think she already knows?
1/3 of the time that I say I've washed my hands I only turn on the faucet... actually possibly more than 1/2.
Brit's Interview:
What have you learned about yourself in these two years of marriage?
1. It's harder to camouflage your moody moments when you're the only one pumping estrogen
2. I like dogs and grapefruit, who knew!
3. I must have goals or the world begins to end
4. Stubborn is my middle name
What have you learned about Michael that you didn't know before you got married?
1. He always smells wonderful... even his dirty gym socks are completely scentless. As a result he only wears deodorant every 4 or 5 days for good measure.
2. He is a SUPER athlete. We started dating at the beginning of the winter and I moved away as soon as the snow melted so I had NO IDEA he was such an incredible athlete until after the deal was sealed... It's SO HOT
3. He plays the piano. I learned that about 6 months after we were hitched
4. He is the most love-centered man I know. He always puts his wife and future family before anything he does. It is incredible. Such humility.
What are the best three vacations you have taken with Michael since getting married?
1. Our one-year anniversary cruise to Mexico and Catalina. We just could not get enough stress-free laughing, tanning, bike riding on that trip! It was so care-free and fun!!
2. Disneyland Day in March of this year. You did SUCH a great job getting everyone excited for the trip and it just made the whole event unforgettable!
3. Our camping trip up past Payson at the end of last summer. I loved just deciding to go, throwing the sleeping bags in the car, stopping for Starbursts to roast and going! You are SO FUN!!
What benefits from marriage did you get that you weren't expecting?
1. I never expected to be treated as well as I am. You always take such good care of me, whether that means carrying me to bed or smiling through endless numbers of Lentil casseroles. You are the best
2. I didn't realize how much of a difference it makes to have a priesthood holder as a roommate.
3. Someone else to take out the garbage on garbage day! Love that.
What do you hope to gain from the next year of marriage?
1. A moving truck with 'California or Bust' spray painted across the back
2. A baby bump... no announcements friends - just sayin! Wouldn't that be a wonderful idea?
3. Freedom from debt
What is something that you liked better in the second year of marriage than you did in the first?
1. Nature. My mom's Marriott campouts will never be topped but I actually really enjoy nature sandals and sleeping in a tent!!
2. I feel like we're in a great groove with the understanding of our respective roles in our relationship... except for the car thing. I don't want to take care of cars. I think the 80% of the mechanics that have helped me out have taken advantage of my lack of knowledge in the car department.
6 comments:
I love that little interview! Great questions and great answers!
Hahahaha! I loved when Michael admitted to only turning on the faucet! and I love that he carries you to bed Brit! O what a great family you two are!
Loved reading your answers hons! Hope I didn't embarrass you too bad with mine!
This is such a cute idea. Sounds like you guys have learned and growed a lot in the past two years!I love that you can be more in love with a person a couple years down the road than you were the day you married them. It seems unfathomable at that time, but it really does happen.
I'm also a big fan of all your "hope to accomplish" in this upcoming year of marriage. Crossing my fingers that they all come true! ;)
you two are SO cute together, happy 2 years!! and i love this anniversary interview.. i may just have to copy it :)
so darling!! I'm definitely copying this idea for our anniversary at the end of this month :)
Post a Comment