
Yesterday I was asked about some of my hobbies. I listed all of the things that make me sound super fun (traveling, teaching a beginning digital storybooking class, Disneyland-ing, music, reading, crafting, yoga, playing sports, spending time outside)… and left out the ones that didn’t (making lists, grocery shopping, reading about investments… you know the type). One of the obviously fun ones was blogging. I’m not sure what the world requires of you to consider you a ‘blogger’ but I think that if you post monthly: you’re hanging in there; weekly: blogger status obtained; and daily: promotion to avid blogger. The next question was to discover the topic of my blog… yikes! I like to avoid this question. I think having something that you are passionate enough to center your blog around is fun and sort of romantic… but I just haven’t found it yet. Right now I like to think that I am giving my future children something to read when they have a hard time sleeping… and I feel pretty good about that! Someday I would like to have a travel blog that I fill with pictures of amazing trips to Africa, Hawaii, and the park down my street. How do you feel about themed blogs v. daily update blogs (please let me know if there is a name for this type of blog)?
6 comments:
I hope there's no shame in the 'this is an update of my life' sort of blog, because that's all I really do too! I treat it as a less private journal that I and my future kiddos can look back on. I've started making blog books using blurb.com for that very purpose--they're great! If other readers happen to be interested in keeping up in my life too, that's great too. :)
I also love reading people's cooking and crafting blogs, but sometimes they're a little overwhelming too because I love and want to try everything they talk about but I just don't have the time or talent! *sigh*
P.S. I definitely love reading your blog, Ms Brit! You're a great writer!! Keep it up!
I like both - I'd be sad if every blog I read was only of one kind.
I like both too. I love reading about the day to day thoughts and joys of peoples lives.
I think for me the blog is just an outlet for whatever I want it to be. If your goal is to be a successful, world viewed blog, you might need one topic. But if the blog is just for you, why not just have it be anything & everything you think about?
I so agree... and FYI grandma would love to read the blogs to her little grandchildren... like your new blog colors/print! I so enjoy reading what is on your mind would love to read it everyday!!
Post a Comment