A couple of weeks ago I posted about this year's annual Disneyland Day... Well it was a HUGE HIT!! Jon, Savanna, Michael and I all piled in Michael's matchbox car on Thursday afternoon and made the trek across the desert to find ourselves in Mickey's backyard!! We stayed with Michael's dad and stepmom (though that never seems like a personal enough title for sweet Rachel) in Irvine where the weather is always beautiful and the streets always smell like the trees just stretched out for a morning 'hello'. I love their house. Partially because that is where Savanna was brought home from the hospital and they both grew up, partially because it is just oozing with that homey feeling that makes you want to hug the living room couch or anything else soft, and partially because it is world's most perfect house. Someday I want to live in that neighborhood.
I got thinking before we went into the park on Friday... what really makes Disneyland the "Happiest place on earth"? What is it that makes Michael and I plan our next trip before we even leave? Are we addicted? Or is there something to this place?? I finally came to the conclusion that it is magical because it really is the easiest place to make happy memories with people that you love... and that is just what happened!
Friday morning Savanna and Jon went to visit Jon's grandpa in the hospital which was wonderful because it gave Chad and Michael the opportunity to go spend some time on the driving range with Michael's new golf clubs that he just can't get enough of. Rachel and I had a BLAST chatting and laughing as we got everything ready for the day. I love 'mommy and me' time. It's my favorite. Our time in the park was spent with Chad, Rachel, Sophie (a friend of Chad and Rachel's that we just adored), Jon, Savanna, Michael, and I... all wearing short sleeves and going on whichever rides tickled our fancies. We got fast passes to several rides but we really spent most of the day just enjoying one another and laughing A LOT. That's what you're supposed to do at Disneyland. We also made sure to abandon our diets and eat lots of yummy sugar and carbs like only Disneyland can provide with churros, Dole whips, cream cheese pretzels, bread bowls, and rice krispy treats. We ended the night with prime seats for Disney's Fantasmic and a little bit of cuddling. I am completely sure that Mickey Mouse will make it to heaven because I just can't imagine heaven without him... or Michael...
Saturday we started the day with our family Kickoff Breakfast where everyone met at IHOP for an intense game of Disney Feud (like Family Feud) between our top three contestants in this year's Mousehunt: my dad (Zapperman), Savanna (Miss Nemesis) and Chad (The Comeback King). They all kept us laughing as they paraded around in their AWESOME costumes spouting facts about all things Disney. Savanna ended up taking home the trophy and it now looks beautiful sitting on her living room shelf... better luck next year Your Highness and Sir Zapper... study up!! We had a lot of high points during the day but I think that everyone's favorite part was being together and enjoying little Zack (2) and Zoye (7). These are my darling niece and nephew that really allowed us to see the magic of Disney come alive for all of the right reasons. Toward the end of the evening I got to take Zoye on Dumbo and I don't think I have ever been so happy. Funny thing is that Michael took Zack on Dumbo and Savanna took Zack on the carousel and they both felt the same way... there is just nothing like Disney + grateful children. I just can't get enough of those little ones. The perfect finish to the night came when my parents, Chad, Rachel, Zoye, Michael and I snagged a great seat for World of Color, which is by far the best park show I think Disney has ever done. I loved spending time with my wonderful parents that always seem to make everything more lively and inclusive; with Chad and Rachel that are always fun and so sure to make certain that everyone is having a wonderful time; Savanna and Jon that are our perfect Disney accomplices; Stephie who I just feel closer to all of the time - she holds such a special place in my heart as a new sister, I love her passion for her family and goodness to her kids; and my sweet Michael who is my true Prince Charming - never a single rider with this man by my side ;-)
4 comments:
O this makes me want to go right back & done the tie dye shirts once more! I loved this trip! You are so right, Disneyland is special because of the memories & people you go there with. Like you!
those pictures/costumes at the end... AMAZING! hahaha
sounds like SUCH a fun time. you have made me want to go, and I was just there last month! Too bad Josh isn't as die hard about Disneyland as I am. :(
I'm so jealous that you went on Dumbo. I wanted to go when I was there, but then realized I might look a little silly all by myself. (Josh and I together would not have fit LOL.) I definitely can't wait until I have kids and I can take them there to experience the magic of D-land!
this trip couldn't have been more perfect, thanks hons for making it so great for me by just being you!!
sounds like such a fun trip!! i'm so jealous, i've been dying to go to disneyland! and i LOVE that you guys have a disneyland day. amazing!
Post a Comment