Friday, April 1, 2011

Flashback Friday: Michael and I's First Hangout


I was talking to Savanna recently and remembered the first night I hung out with my sweet Michael (mutually at least - I tried to force myself upon him many times before this evening fell into place). Lucky for me this night also included his sister Savanna and her hubbie Jon. Here's what happened in a nutshell:


I was obviously interested in Michael and kept asking him to go play at the park with me and make food with me and kept coming up with excuses to be over at his apt a lot... but he was not responding to me. That night we had a ward BBQ at the park behind our apartments and had been hanging out the whole time... and it finally seemed relatively mutual! Once it got dark Savanna and his little brother Brandon showed up and we all played catch for a long time with some sort of glowy ball. I couldn't see either of them because they had arrived after the sun left and had just jumped right into catch so we hadn't ever been very close to each other. I remember laughing and having so much fun and wondering the whole time what they would look like when we finally got into the light! When we finally stopped and went into Michael's apartment I just remember being SOO blown away by how pretty Savanna was and was suddenly intimidated in a 'I like her, she is Michael's sister AND she is really pretty' sort of way. She then told me you that she was 19 and married and I was surprised again because she was there without her hubbie (he was working) and very few of my other married friends had ever seemed brave enough to go to a single's ward bbq without their significant other, even if it was to hang out with their brother. After that I somehow managed to invite myself to the arcade with all of them and we had a blast. Michael forgot his wallet, I paid, we all had SO much fun, got tattoos, and I was ready to say I do. It just seemed so classic.

6 comments:

Michael said...

So fun! I thought that was the day we met... guess not! Glad you liked me

Savanna Rodriguez said...

haha, I love that you posted about this day! I remember thinking, whoa this girl has the sexiest tan legs I've ever seen (I'm very jealous of tanning capabilities) and I remember how fun you were to have at the arcade! I remember some months later Michael came over to our house for dinner & was like, "Um... I'm afraid I might really really like her. Like, you know, really like her. What do I do?" Cutest brother moment ever :)

Megan said...

I always wondered how you two first met!! Sounds like so much fun!!

Unknown said...

Isn't it great that we were all there together and we are still here? i think it is awesome!

Unknown said...

I love that Michael comments on all your posts...what a sweet husband he is!

Cindy Lou said...

I so remember these pictures and wondered if all would turn out for you and Michael, the pix's (on Savanna's FB)looked like a magazine lay out - you are all so beautiful. I was thinking then hum... she is such a doll could she un-lock his heart? !!!YES!!!!