
Today I had this big huge realization of just how happy I am to be married. And better yet? To my sweet Michael! I remember sitting in my Intro to Social Work class with Elizabeth Anderson during my sophomore year in college and asking her how it felt to know who she would be spending Christmas with in 5 years; who she would be brushing her teeth with in 10 years; and who she would be admiring her children with in 15 years. Not to say that she didn't brush her teeth before their 10-year mark but I just loved the idea of having one person that you brought into your life that never ever changed. I feel so lucky to have Michael to experience anything and everything with. We can go to the gym together, eat too much ice cream together, help correct one another, define roles together, talk about creating a family together, or anything we want, really!
Michael is playing his first softball game of the season tonight. I LOVE SOFTBALL SEASON!!!! Every year Michael and I play on a coed team together where he throws me my glove if I'm on base when we switch innings and buys me a McDonald's ice cream cone if I make a good throw... or if I make a bad throw actually. Every year he also plays on a men's team where he makes all-star plays and I yell at umpires from the stands... then buy him blue Gatorade for always doing such a good job. Michael is super hot when he plays sports. I love softball season and I love being married. Things are not perfect but I've decided that is good because if they were then unrealistic expectations would be set and nobody likes those. I'm just so happy I have a friend like Michael... And coming home to a spotless house on Saturday night only adds to the joy!
9 comments:
I love this. Its the little things that make life & love so wonderful! I am so glad for little reminders like this to tell the hubs what makes him so special!
Yeah!!!! I'm so excited to start brushing my teeth in 10 years!!!
But seriously, I love you best friend of mine!
Oh I am so glad you found someone to help brush your teeth with :) I remember those wonderful conversations! I miss you tons and tons! You and Michael are PERFECT together! Love you!!!
I love reading your blog. Mostly I love that Michael comments. he is so funny.
It's kind of hard for me to read this post because I can't stop looking at that picture of the in-n-out burgers. Drooooooool.
I spent years trying to get Michael to brush his teeth, little did I know it was a skill he would not need for years to come... but really - you are adorable and I love you and the blog!!
Awww you and Michael are just the cutest! I had one of those "I'm happy to be married" moments around my birthday, feeling so lucky to know that no matter what, Josh is going to be there for every single birthday for the rest of our lives to celebrate with me. It's such a blessing to have that sort of stable relationship. I'm glad to hear that things aren't always perfect for you guys too (um, sorry, that probably sounds bad)... It's just refreshing for someone to give an account of marriage as it is, not this fairy tale account of unrealistic expectations that the rest of the world thinks marriage should be!
P.S. Sorry I always write novels for comments. I get a little bored at work. ;)
you two are so cute together! love this post.
Brit - this was so fun to read. I love that you and Michael are married!!! P.S. We have a birthday gift for the belated birthday boy. When can we meet you?
Post a Comment