Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What do boys want?


We had an awesome weekend in California... I am working on a detailed post with lots of pictures and excitement but in the meantime, I have been thinking - what is the equivalent of flowers for men?? Flowers make a woman feel appreciated, loved, refreshed, admired, and feminine... Do men have something similar that they would love to have delivered to their workplace "just because" or awarded to them upon accomplishment? Something that doesn't wear out with repetition? I feel like I have thought this one over approximately 400 times now and still don't know the answer...

9 comments:

Savanna Rodriguez said...

I think sometimes its just delivering your husbands favorite meal. Jon once sent me a ceasar salad & clam chowder to work when I had forgotten my lunch. It was the most thoughtful thing because I had just been telling him how much I was craving those two things.

Another nice thing is setting up a man date. Like popcorn, his favorite movie candy, a soda & the two of you curled up on the couch with the new Red Box release of something he loves.

I don't know that there is one universal male gift because I feel like men love the newest toys or technology. Unlike flowers which have been offered for hundreds of years to us ladies.

Michael said...

I'd have to say steak. A nice big juicy steak. Especially if it has something special about it (like mushrooms).

Chelsea said...

I asked this to Brandon a few months ago too! Haha he took a while to think about it and I think he decided food. But you eat food everyday, so it isn't as special as flowers are!
I am excited to hear about the weekend!

Gabber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brit said...

I have a hard time with the food thing too Chels - I think food is great but you can't stare at it for days and days!

Savanna Rodriguez said...

To Gabber: I get the hint, I will do some nice things for you more often.

P.S. Gabber is my husband

Dani and Chandler said...

FOOD!!! And I'm not sure if every man is like this, but Chandler loves coming home to a clean house, with all the laundry done and bed made... It has yet to happens with baby around...okay...ever...but still.

Unknown said...

steak. a really nice steak. :) (i thought of this before i even saw michael's comment... HA!)

Megan said...

OK I know I've asked Josh this a few times because I've always wondered the same exact thing!! But since I can't remember what he said in the past (I think maybe a DVD was what he suggested...) I asked him again what a man version of sending flowers would be. His response? "A stripper gram."
So then I said, "Well what would you want to send a guy who had a wife and you didn't want to get her super mad?" His next idea was not much better... "Pictures of the wife in lingerie." *hitting head on table* Such a guy!!!

I think everyone's on to something with the food thing though. If you wanted to send something that could kind of sit on a table and be admired for a few days (or few hours, knowing how Josh goes through candy) I thought maybe it'd be cute to do some sort of bouquet of candy bars... maybe find some way to hot glue gun some of his favorite kinds onto skewers somehow and then stick them in a vase? Or just get one of those glass jars and fill it with loads of goodies. I've also seen a few people at work get "edible arrangements" (http://www.ediblearrangements.com/) which are these really amazing arrangements of fruit. Or if he's at a desk all day, maybe find a nice frame and put in one of your favorite pictures of the two of you that he can keep there, along with a romantic note. That's all I can really think of for now!